API / SDK for H9? I want to write custom software to edit the H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes API / SDK for H9? I want to write custom software to edit the H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      terich
      Participant

I’m wondering (haven’t had luck searching so far) if there’s documentation on writing scripts or software to edit the H9? I have a lot of updates to make to my preset lists and the iPad app isn’t really suited for large batch operations.

Is this even an option? Or alternately, is there a more streamlined way for me to create new lists / rearrange presets?

Thanks

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Can you let me know what operations that you'd like to do that H9 Control cannot? You can edit the source preset/preset list files on your Mac or PC if you like.

Fender17
      Participant

Terich,

if you need/want to make batch operations under preset lists/presets, you do not need H9 API. For most of the stuff. Preset lists ad presets are just radable text files. One may edit them in pure text processor (like Notepad) or in cstom program/script.

But to put it to H9 one still would need H9 App….

terich
      Participant

So I managed to figure most of this out… one question, can I put code comments in the preset list text files? I just want to number each JSON block, I’m getting lost when I’m in the middle of the file.

Alternately if there’s an online guide on working with these files, that’d be great!

Thanks

terich
      Participant
      Fender17 wrote:

Terich,

if you need/want to make batch operations under preset lists/presets, you do not need H9 API. For most of the stuff. Preset lists ad presets are just radable text files. One may edit them in pure text processor (like Notepad) or in cstom program/script.

But to put it to H9 one still would need H9 App….

Ah, that’s wonderful. That’s enough for what I need at the moment. Thank you

terich
      Participant
      terich wrote:

So I managed to figure most of this out… one question, can I put code comments in the preset list text files? I just want to number each JSON block, I’m getting lost when I’m in the middle of the file.

Alternately if there’s an online guide on working with these files, that’d be great!

Thanks

Nevermind I’m a goof, I figured it out 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.