Arabic tunings

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Arabic tunings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jimble

I’m interested in making a pitch-correction preset for singing in arabic scales with Vsig. Is the pitches of the scale available to edit in Vsig? I need to set them to quartertones at least, but cents precision would be phenomenal. The preset is not going to be used as a performance effect, but is going into in-ear monitors to help a vocalist hit the right notes.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I need to talk to some of our pitchshift experts about this, but will not have a chance to do so before the New Year.

jimble
        nickrose wrote:

I need to talk to some of our pitchshift experts about this, but will not have a chance to do so before the New Year.

Much appreciated!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It appears that our Diatonic-type shifters are based on the 12-note chromatic scale, so will be unsuited for your purposes.

One can concieve of a sigfile that used the PITCHDETECT module followed by a lot of math driving a PITCHSHIFT that would do the job, but this would be work for an expert. In particular, it would be difficult to make it respond fast enough.

jimble
        nickrose wrote:

It appears that our Diatonic-type shifters are based on the 12-note chromatic scale, so will be unsuited for your purposes.

One can concieve of a sigfile that used the PITCHDETECT module followed by a lot of math driving a PITCHSHIFT that would do the job, but this would be work for an expert. In particular, it would be difficult to make it respond fast enough.

I know some programmers that can look at it. Is there any documentation for the PITCHDETECT and PITCHSHIFT modules?

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        jimble wrote:

I know some programmers that can look at it. Is there any documentation for the PITCHDETECT and PITCHSHIFT modules?

The Vsig Help files cover the modules.

moschops
      Participant

hi,

Did you ever get the Arabic tunings to work, I’d be interested to try it out if you wanted to share, I could always try helping develop the ALG more, I’m not brilliant at Vsig though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.