Assigning more than one external controller to a parameter

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Assigning more than one external controller to a parameter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      cscotto
      Participant

Hi,

This is my first post. I have a TF and a MF on the way. I can get nearly everything working midi wise except one feature. In the midi section and subsection [RCV CTL], the manual says the following:

Note: You can assign more than one external controller to any parameter. For example, you can use MIDI CC10 to vary Delay Time A from 0 ms to 1270 ms with 10 ms resolution and MIDI CC11 to vary Delay Time A from 0 ms to 127 ms with 1 ms resolution.

I have read everything very carefully, including the software release notes (I have the latest software installed), but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this.

One other issue, I am controlling the expression pedal via midi CC. I have a midimaster from RJM music. I have an Ernie Ball Jr. volume pedal that is hooked up to the expression port of the midimaster. The CC # assigned to the volume in the midimaster is assigned to PDL in the RCV CTL. It works fine, except there is a delay in the TF's response. That is, if I put the pedal to toe down, I see the numbers increment higher in the TF display, but I get to the toe down position before the TF has reached the top of its range. Thanks in advance.

Ciro

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

cscotto:

I have read everything very carefully, including the software release notes (I have the latest software installed), but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to do this.

Your problem may be caused by the fact that the manual does not always tell the truth. Unless I am mistaken, the section you quote is incorrect. I've notified the author. Apologies, but well spotted.

My guess is that your pedal problem is caused by slow or excessive sampling by the midimaster which should be referred to its Maker. To be sure it is not the TF, try directly connecting the pedal.

cscotto
      Participant

Thanks for the answer. I knew I wasn't crazy. Connected directly to the TF, the expression pedal works just fine. I needed to calibrate the expression pedal on the Midimaster, which improved the problem. It is not perfect, so I will contact RJM for a solution. All the best, 

Ciro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.