audible reverb adjust when switching presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes audible reverb adjust when switching presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      quadropuss

When I switch to certain presets and play a note I hear a reverb tail that changes pitch (rising i think..)  then after about 5 seconds it adjusts to where it should be.  Any ideas what is going on?  Quite annoying. 🙂

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Guess you might have spillover enabled and different tempo between the two settings, as the tempo is faster in the second preset the pitch rises, same as when you change tempo on a delay.

You could set global tempo or disable spillover to se if it goes away

quadropuss

I will try your suggestions today.  I realized last night it only seems to be happening when switching from an octaver preset to synthonizer preset, neither of which utilize tempo settings….  Hmm..  Let me try your suggestions and report back!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Ahhh, as you said reverb … I assumed you meant Space.

But the same is probably true to anything where the repeat changes tempo, even within the same algorithm.

I would still try either, having global tempo, presets with the same tempo or disable spill over.

My guess one of those should give you the answer

Cheers

Martin

quadropuss

None of that helped (global tempo on, spill off)

In fact, in doing so I realized that I don't think spill is working properly either.  With Spill set to ON, any delays or reverb should play out after a preset switch correct?  Not happening on mine.  Perhaps I have a defective unit?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Yes, spill over should carry over the sounds in the tails…. Though not sure how it functions on the PitchFactor… The easiest way to see it it is functioning is to just bypass the effect… It it is on it should fade out.

But due to what the PitchFactor is, it might not work as I think… You might not want this in something like quadravox.

Crystals might be your best bet to test this functionality.

Sorry I don't own a PF anymore so can't check for you.

But that is how it works on TimeFactor and Space.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.