Auto output on Punctuate

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Auto output on Punctuate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      datastream
      Participant

Can anybody help me find the “auto” button for the output on Punctuate? I’ve clicked everything above the output meter on the gui and it seems to not be there.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi datastream,

Unfortunately, there is no "auto" button on the output level of Punctuate.  The problem is that the amount of gain or gain reduction added is totally based on the input signal.  For instance, one set of settings might add a ton of gain to a drum loop, but do nothing for a synth pad, so the plug-in has no way to determine what the compensation amount would be before hand.

Also, just FYI, in practice I'm usually running Punctuate into Saturate, because it can give you that big spike on the transient, which often sounds good clipped, and the clipping helps maintain the dynamics.

Dan

datastream
      Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. It might be worth it to go and check out the manual for punctuate. It makes mention of the auto output setting being above the output meter.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Oh no, that's an embarrassing error.  Thanks for letting me know.  I'll fix it.

Dan

hesnotthemessiah
      Participant

Yes, please fix it.  Had me screaming at my screen in frustration!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

It should be fixed in the latest manual.

Dan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.