Aux switch and BOSS FV-500L expression pedal with H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Aux switch and BOSS FV-500L expression pedal with H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sonicglue

Hi everyone!

I’ve read the article about the “Using both an Aux switch and an Expressionpedal with H9”. I currently use the expression pedal Boss FV-500L with cable TRS to TRS (stereo) from the output jack EXP Boss to the H9 unit, and it works perfectly as a single expression pedal.

But I would like to connect an aux switch too and I don’t know how to do it exactly. Do you know any case with the Boss FV-500L? Will it work by cutting the wire that goes from one end of the pot to the ring?

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm not familiar with the Boss 500-L. But, from the look of it, if you use the Y-lead specified in the article, you could connect the pedal lead into one of the output sockets of the Boss, plugging the switch lead into a suitable switch. Note that this Y lead is TRS into 2 x TS.

You could cut the ring lead inside the pedal, but this would seem unecessary – better to do it the way we suggest.

sonicglue
      I connected the Y cable and is not working properly. The parameter values goes from 1 to 95 or 90. It seems as if not calibrate correctly. 

Any suggestions?

Does the parameters value with the Ernie Ball 6181 25K VP/JR going from 0 to 100?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Go to system mode, set autocalibrate to on, wiggle the pedal, then turn it off.

sonicglue

I tried it before, but not working. Still behaving strangely…  I think I’ll buy the Ernie Ball. It works fine with this, is it?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Ernie Ball is good – make sure you get the lowe impedance (25K) version.

Correction to my previous post – when I said "turn it off," I was referring to the autocalbration feature.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.