aux switch tuner

Home Forums Products Stompboxes aux switch tuner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tojoe

How to set up and toggle the tuner with an aux switch, I’m having no luck…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

What pedal, what software, what switch are you using ?

Have you read the User Manual ?

What happens when you try ?

tojoe

I have the latest software, Iv’e had the H9 over a year and have sort of simplified my use, I have had an expression pedal set up w/ an aux and it worked, also was using this aux before for toggling the tuner, it’s was a small silver GK aux switch, has a little light letting you know when it’s engaged, also have a sml Fender channel select switch also, I think they’ve both worked in the past, Iv’e been trying straigh 6′ gtr cables to stereo cables all the different tip/ring combos nothing has wked, Iv’e gone into utilities  etc…having streamlined it to a 1/2 dozen presets or so, engaging the double switch for tuner has been an issue for the last few gigs, don’t know whats up, no vids on this guess Iv’e disengaged something, maybe just scour the manual.. 

tojoe

Well Iv’e looked at the manual, not really helped at all, I had this set up over a year ago, I’m not sure whats up, have the updates somehow changed the way and what aux swithces can be used. ? is this user error..

gkellum
        Participant
        tojoe wrote:

Well Iv'e looked at the manual, not really helped at all, I had this set up over a year ago, I'm not sure whats up, have the updates somehow changed the way and what aux swithces can be used. ? is this user error..

You might want to try clearing your H9's system settings as well.  Some people have run into some unusual problems after updating which can be resolved just by clearing your settings.  You do this by turning the H9 off and turning it on again with the right footswitch and the HotKnob button pressed (the button in the upper left hand corner of the H9).  This will clear your settings but won't affect your presets.  After you do this, you'll need to go back and configure things as Nick suggested above.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure that EXPTIP is set to either SWITCH or BOTH, as appropriate.

If you still have a problem it is most likely something at your end (works fine here of course).

tojoe

Yeah I’ll give that a try, and then I’ll pickup a momentary switch…funny how it once wked with my switch, it actually does the hotswitch thing but no tuner toggle….thanks

tojoe

So I just got a Boss FS7 switch, which I understand is dual, and momentary, I also have a Mission Exp pedal which Ive been using…Id now like to combine the exp pedal and the aux, I”m using a stereo cable for the pedal and it wks, I have a stereo that breaks out into a ring and a tip ends.what can I acheive with this set up….exp pedal…and an up down Fs7 dual switch or is down and tuner toggle possible…my main thing is how do I get both wking independently…been finding this aux thing frustrating…

gkellum
        Participant
        tojoe wrote:

So I just got a Boss FS7 switch, which I understand is dual, and momentary, I also have a Mission Exp pedal which Ive been using…Id now like to combine the exp pedal and the aux, I''m using a stereo cable for the pedal and it wks, I have a stereo that breaks out into a ring and a tip ends.what can I acheive with this set up….exp pedal…and an up down Fs7 dual switch or is down and tuner toggle possible…my main thing is how do I get both wking independently…been finding this aux thing frustrating…

When you're using an aux switch and an expression pedal simulataneously, you can only use a single aux switch.  There's a help document in the H9's documents & downloads section that gives advice on how to use an aux switch and expression pedal simultaneously:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/using-both-aux-switch-and-expression-pedal-h9

gkellum
      Participant

I should also mention that in the document I linked to we recommended a few expression pedals that we know work when used simulataneously with an aux switch.  When we were testing this functionality, we found quite a few expression pedals that wouldn't work in this configuration.  So, if you would like to use an expression pedal together with an aux switch it would be advisable to use one of the combinations that we suggested in that document.  We had a customer try this with an expression pedal we hadn't recommended a few weeks ago, and he ended up having to take his expression pedal apart and resoldering it to get it working.  He was able to get it working, but of course a lot of people wouldn't be comfortable with taking an expression pedal apart and trying to resolder it… And of course we can't really provide support for someone who needs to do that either…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.