Aux Switches… latching or non-latching?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Aux Switches… latching or non-latching?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      6string

I can't find any mention in the manual of whetether aux switches should be latching or non-latching. 

Thanks. 

Roobin

They need to be momentary. A popular one is the Digitech FS300.

wes
      Participant

They should be non-latching (momentary) switches, like an electronic keyboard sustain pedal.

6string

thanks.

Boss FS-5U is doing it for me (Timefactor and Modfactor) .

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

User Guide Page 31 in the section on Auxiliary Switches 

"Toggle switches are not supported. Only momentary switches will work properly."

b2zer

Tell please if you know what's the difference between Digitech fs300 and Digitech fs3x fo use with TimeFactor.

duffmcshark
      Participant

If you want to save a little money and make your own aux switch, it's actually a very simple circuit involving a momentary throw switch, a plug jack, and 2 pieces of wire connecting them.

http://www.diyguitarist.com/DIYStompboxes/TempoBox.htm

duffmcshark
      Participant

I found one for how to make the 3 button switch as well, but the schematics on the message board are not quite helpful.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?PHPSESSID=92755e555232750468972a841a482ee5&topic=45094.0

The thing to keep in mind is to use a TRS jack and connect one button to each combination:

T + R
      T + S
      R + S

You'll probably want to test it out before you mount it to any box just so you know which button will be doing what to the Mod / Time Factor.

Roobin

If you're making your own 3 way switch, then you'll need 2 small diodes – 1N4148/1N914 – to stop the T+R acivating T or R. Google images search for Digitech FS300 schematic/ Digitech fs300, and you'll find some that show how to hook it all up properly.

Hi digitalkettle i found this your old post and i' d like to ask you one thing,  do you think i can use the boss fs-5u to scroll down the presets of the modfactor?  do you think any non-latching or momentary will work?

Thank' s a lot for your help.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      do you think i can use the boss fs-5u to scroll down the presets of the modfactor?

It will work.  I use a couple of Boss FS-6 dual switches (with a few more features than the Boss FS-5U).  They are big targets for your foot, reliable, and solidly built.  To use it as a Down switch in Bank mode, go to System Settings -> AUX SW -> BK-

Quote:
      do you think any non-latching or momentary will work?

Yes.  Even a keyboard sustain pedal will work (for a single Aux Switch function).

That  is the answer i was looking for, thank' s a lot Broke, if you use the boss fs-6 i can try with the behringer ab 200 which is supposed to be a clone right?

and with the FS-6 can i use both switches one to scroll down and the other to scroll up?

Thank' s again.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      if you use the boss fs-6 i can try with the behringer ab 200 which is supposed to be a clone right?

The AB200 is wired differently, uses TS jacks, and appears to be set up for switching audio signals.  The Boss FS-6 has separate TS jacks for A & B, a combined TRS jack for both A + B switching, plus a polarity switch and momentary / latching switch for each output A and B.

I can't say that the AB 200 would work correctly, and it seems to me that you'd have to create some custom cables at a minimum.

Quote:
      with the FS-6 can i use both switches one to scroll down and the other to scroll up?

Yes (BK+ and BK- in Bank mode).  In Play mode, FS3 would get you Bank Up.  Keep in mind that the FS-6 needs a 9V battery / power for the LEDs (it won't switch with it). You might want to defeat the 9V switching at the input jacks, or supply it from your pedalboard.  Multiple FS-6's also lock together mechanically.

Thank' s a lot Broke, you'  ve been very helpful,  i' ll go for the fs-6 or digitech fs 300.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.