b3 sounds

Home Forums Products Stompboxes b3 sounds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      markburgess
      Participant

Hey,

Anybody getting any good B3 sounds w/any factors or combination of factors?

(I've got all three) Looking for something organish.

Thanks

Mark B

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

The best I managed was with a pitchflex preset on the PitchFactor running into Rotary model on the ModFactor.

Personally I was not overly keen on the results and went off looking to buy a micro POG, the POG2 was just being released so i picked up one. IMHO if you want that POG(y) organ sound…. you need a POG….it's more LoFi than the PF.

Cheers

BMF

markburgess
      Participant

That's  the conclusion I've come to as well. I love the pf and the rotary on the mf is outstanding, but the pf is actually too clean for a good b3 grunge.

Thanks for your help.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No worries, happy to help Big Smile

I actually sold my original POG to fund my PitchFactor hoping it would cover the POG ground.

But they are VERY different beasts, I really missed the POG sound and was gonna buy a microPOG but the POG2 came out … which is fantastic! love the preset and attack feature.

Love the PitchFactor….. neither are leaving my pedal board!

On paper they should cover the same ground…. as I said …. different beasts!

Cheers

BMF

madeski
      Participant

i used the PF diatonic with an octave up and octave down then either the rotary effect or BMF's one phaser setting. sounds pretty cool with chords

markburgess
      Participant

Nice. Thanks. So you like the POG 2?

I'm thinking about that with the MF Leslie, (which I really love.)

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Yeah, the main issues I had with the original POG are gone (size, power suply and lack of presets) and the addition of the attack function is great, you can get the guitar sound and then when you hold the longer notes in comes the organ sound .FAB!!!

If you are considering a POG…the POG2 is a MUST audition.

Cheers

BMF

markburgess
      Participant

Yeah, thanks. I'm getting ready to try that.

I'm hoping the answer is not more gear, know what I mean?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Guys,

I've been getting some pretty fun B3 or organ type sounds by using my bass, first through Quadvox on PF, then Rotary on MF.  The key is to use the four PF voices similar to how you would use the organ draw bars.

For example, assign voice 1 and 2 to a 5th and and Oct up, then voice 3 and 4 to a 12th and 2 Octs up (or alternatively use voice 1 and 2 for octaves and 3 and 4 for 5ths).  Then program the expression pedal to control the A/B mix.  So you can either be fading in/out 5ths or the higher registers, like drawbars.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.