“BAD” displays after ‘UPDATE’

Home Forums Products Stompboxes “BAD” displays after ‘UPDATE’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      UncleEustace
      Participant

My 2nd H9 started acting strangely after several power-ups and attempts to restore factory settings. Powering up by simultaneously pressing R foot switch and Hotknob  the word “update” displays, then “BAD” – then the display goes blank.  I connected via USB to attempt update to H9 control and it loses connection.  There are no cables plugged in (other than power).  I’m using the most current H9 Control MacOS app. I was going to try Eventide Device Manager but without it being able to make a connection that’s not working either.  Whenever plugged in to power, “UPDATE” displays for several seconds then “BAD”.

this sounds “BAD”.   suggestions? 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Try this, power on the H9 with HOTKNOB pressed to boot into the UPDATE mode to do the update.
      Then, update your H9 using the Direct Updater via USB that’s bundled with the H9 Control app. See if that process works.

By the way, is there a 10 second lag before the LEDs power up?

UncleEustace
      Participant

no 10 second delay.  I didn’t know about holding hot knob button only on start up- i tried that and it seemed normal and was able to download the update (I already had it but thinking it would fix matters- downloading it again couldn’t hurt)-  all seemed normal –  for a few minutes only… now the unit simply shuts off after several minutes of use. Power up again…seems normal, then shuts off.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

At this point, I recommend emailing support@eventide.com. Link to this forum so they can see what we’ve tried already. They would be able to guide you to the next step.

UncleEustace
      Participant

no 10 second delay…  I was able to complete an update as you described and all seemed normal for a few minutes… now the unit keeps shutting off with alternating between a blank display and a single digit displaying (one of the letters in the name of the preset)- it’s not working.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.