Band delays midi control in Logic = bad timing?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Band delays midi control in Logic = bad timing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      import

Posted by surroundsfx

Hi everyone,
      i’ve just went and purchased the anthology II bundle, and am using it from within Logic (coreaudio and DAE active). The plugs sound great.

However i noticed that when i insert Band Delay on a DAE track, then control the filter frequencies with a midi sequence, timing of the Band Delay voices is inconsistent, as in “generally untight”. Every now and then a note will even miss…
      To reproduce this, it is best to set note mode to “gated” , then program a simple 16th note pattern and place that on a midi track whose output port is set to feed the Band Delay plug. Perhaps put some constant level audio file on the track with the Band Delay plugin (like whitre noise) to make sure that audio is always running so you will hear every gated delay note clearly.

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is this a known issue? Is there maybe a work-around?

Cheers,
      Denis

import

Posted by DRooney

Hi Denis,

Would you mind providing me the version of Logic that you are using?

Thank you!

D. Rooney
      Audio Support Technician
      Eventide Inc.

import

Posted by surroundsfx

Sure, here are some more details :-). It’s Logic pro 7.2.3 with DAE 7.3.1cs3 on OSX 10.4.9, additionally running core audio via RME FF800 with driver v2.59 and firmware 2.47. Machine is a dual 1.8ghz G5 with PCI slots (not PCI-X), and thus no AMD-8131 bus controller. HD is sitting in the Mac, plus a Magma px7b on the third PCI slot. The magma houses 4 uad-1 cards with v4.7 software and a sonnet allegro FW400 card with SSL Duende attached to it. All in all a great system 🙂

import

Posted by DRooney

Great, thank you for the information!

I will be in touch as soon as possible!

import

Posted by surroundsfx

so, any news on this so far? reproducable on your end?

cheers,
      denis

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.