Bank and midi controller + levels problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bank and midi controller + levels problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      LEONARDPAUL

Hi !

I've got 2 problems with the stompboxes :

1) I use a midi controller to call the presets. I play with a preset and when I call another with the midi controller, there's is a delay (1 to 2 seconds) before the new preset works ! So when I play live, it's rather boring … 

2) I changed the output level of some presets. When I call one of these, the sound level is first normal (0 dB) then falls (or rises) after a few seconds.

So is it possible to reduce this delay ? Even when I change the presets (even in the same bank) without midi controller, there is this delay. Are these stompboxes only for studio ?

Happy New Year 😉

Paul from Belgium.

gkellum
      Participant

What stompbox(es) do you have? The reason I ask is that Space is a bit of a special case b/c of the way that spillover works in Space.

LEONARDPAUL

I have Pitch, Time, Mod and Space. The pedalboard is the GigRigPro14

http://www.thegigrig.com/cgi-bin/sh000007.pl?WD=gigrig%20pro14&PN=G2%2ehtml#SID=13

This level problem comes with all the stompoxes. Even if they are played alone.

spaceJam

This happens to me too, with the Eventide Space.

I did know this was a well known bug before I buy it, but I thought that it couldn't be so bad and it will be fixed eventually, reality is that it's indeed annoying and I have to change my playing because of this.

gkellum
      Participant

With Space I believe there's a setting in the latest release to adjust the amount of spillover time at Space transitions from one preset to the next. If you feel like there's too long of a wait for the next preset to load, decrease the spillover time.

gkellum
      Participant

LEONARDPAUL:

The pedalboard is the GigRigPro14

http://www.thegigrig.com/cgi-bin/sh000007.pl?WD=gigrig%20pro14&PN=G2%2ehtml#SID=13

That GigRig 2 has its own spillover as well, which can also cause delay.  It's a very complicated piece of equipment, and we have no way of knowing how you've configured it and don't know much about it in the first place. We can help you with any problems you're having with using our stompboxes on their own, but we're not going to be able to be much help when you're describing problems using the stompboxes together with the GigRig 2.

LEONARDPAUL

Yes I understand that you can't help me with the GigRig2. But when I use a simple Midi controler such a Midi Moose from Tech21, the problem is the same with the Space but not with the 3 others (Time, Mod and Pitch).

When I don't use any Midi controler, there is a short delay between 2 presets. I try to change the spill but I only can choose On or Off. I tried each but it doesn't work 🙁

gkellum
      Participant

LEONARDPAUL:

But when I use a simple Midi controler such a Midi Moose from Tech21, the problem is the same with the Space but not with the 3 others (Time, Mod and Pitch).

Do you have the latest v5 software release of Space installed or are you using the older v3.5 release? As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure the latest release has a configurable spillover crossfade time. I'd pull out a Space and double check that for you right now, but we just had a blizzard and our office is closed and I don't have a Space with me at home. I could check that for you tomorrow though.

LEONARDPAUL

The software version is 4.0.0.Devil.

I'll upgrade and try later. Thanks a lot.

spaceJam

I can confirm that neither of all the possible values for "spill" in current Space SW version (5.0.0[5]) solves the ~2 seconds of no-reverb when changing presets with MIDI.

Values are: OFF, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

gkellum
      Participant

spaceJam:

I can confirm that neither of all the possible values for "spill" in current Space SW version (5.0.0[5]) solves the ~2 seconds of no-reverb when changing presets with MIDI.

Values are: OFF, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

I just talked to my colleague about this. It's a problem we're aware of and are looking into.

LEONARDPAUL

I upgraded all the 4 stompboxes.

First, I saved my presets with the H9 control. Then I upgraded.

There's still a delay by selecting the presets via midi and this, for all the stompboxes ;-(  (with the gigrig or the midi moose).

But there is another problem : impossible to recover my presets ! The H9 control writes it's ok, but nothing has changed …

I tried to use Factorlib, but it's impossible to see the different parameters for each knob

gkellum
      Participant

LEONARDPAUL:

But there is another problem : impossible to recover my presets ! The H9 control writes it's ok, but nothing has changed …

I can't say I've ever heard of someone using H9 Control to send a preset list to a stompbox and it not working. Since you're new to H9 Control, would you mind taking a look at the section in the user guide, "Saving a Preset List to a Stompbox", and verifying that this is how you're trying to send the preset list to your stompbox.  The user guide is bundled into H9 Control and you can find it under Settings / Help, but you can also read it online:

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/H9ControlUG/H9ControlManual_PresetLists.html#saving_preset_list_to_stompbox

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.