Bass Players – Ampeg SVT Tone

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bass Players – Ampeg SVT Tone

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Boylston

Anyone have an interesting algorithm and settings combo that can emulate the classic SVT amp on bass?  Tube warmth plus dirty OD when pushed…?

Been playing around with Sculpt trying to get there, but I’m still not satisfied…

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      Boylston wrote:

Anyone have an interesting algorithm and settings combo that can emulate the classic SVT amp on bass?  Tube warmth plus dirty OD when pushed…?

Been playing around with Sculpt trying to get there, but I'm still not satisfied…

It'll probably be your best bet, as I'm a bass player, and one big reason I made Sculpt was to really dial in some solid bass distortions.  That said, I didn't really have any specific amp modelling in mind, so I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't get all the way there.  SVT (especially with 8×10 cab) is a BIG sound.  I often wonder if that sound isn't just the result of massive amounts tube-amplified bass volume in room.  Feel free to share what you've got, I'll see if I can offer any additional tweaks.  We also have CrushStation, but honestly, I think Sculpt is probably the best bet.   

Boylston
        wedelich wrote:

Boylston wrote:

Been playing around with Sculpt trying to get there, but I’m still not satisfied…

It’ll probably be your best bet, as I’m a bass player, and one big reason I made Sculpt was to really dial in some solid bass distortions.  That said, I didn’t really have any specific amp modelling in mind, so I wouldn’t be suprised if it doesn’t get all the way there.  SVT (especially with 8×10 cab) is a BIG sound.  I often wonder if that sound isn’t just the result of massive amounts tube-amplified bass volume in room.  Feel free to share what you’ve got, I’ll see if I can offer any additional tweaks.  We also have CrushStation, but honestly, I think Sculpt is probably the best bet.   

Sculpt is great.  Love it!  I especially love manipulating it with an expression pedal to go from a cleaner to a grittier sound on the fly.  

I’d love to see the EQ+Compressor have some friendlier EQ points for bass, if you’re still lurking around, oh mighty Eventide bass god!

Bodde
      Participant

I agree with the above. Don’t forget the H9 is not an amp modeller. It will never sound exactly like a VST. But you can get some nice grit with Sculpt. I use the H9 for my bass as well. Most algos translate well bass. Some more more than others.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.