Behringer FC600 volume and expression pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Behringer FC600 volume and expression pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      otaner52
      Participant

Hi,

someone uses the Behringer FC600 volume and expression pedal with Time, Mod and Pitch Factor ?

The manual Behringer FC600 recommend connecting with a stereo 1/4 jack (TRS) but the jack on the pedal Eventide Factor series is mono.

In fact, by connecting with a stereo cable does not work.

So, is it correct to use a mono cable?

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – you should speak to Herr Berringer about this – I cannot find connection info for his pedal.

You should tell him that the 'Factors look for 10k to 25k between TIP and SLEEVE, with RING either floating or connected to SLEEVE.

otaner52
      Participant

Nick, thanks for your answer!

Yes, I’ll try to ask Herr Behringer !

One last question: hence the expression pedals are connected to the pedals Factor series with a mono cable, is that correct?

Cheers

Renato

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

On the Factors, you can use either cable – the RING is not connected. This means that my comment above is not strictly correct – the RING connection at the pedal is unimportant.

Glenn Rutledge
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

On the Factors, you can use either cable – the RING is not connected. This means that my comment above is not strictly correct – the RING connection at the pedal is unimportant.

Hello- I’m using a Dunlop XL (DVP 1XL) 10k pot expression petal with just a tip sleep connector. When I operate the petal with H9 the parameter values go from say 0 (heel down) to 100 HALF way rocking the petal to 0 again at toe down. The specs on the petal say :Low Friction Band Drive” petal.  Is this not a Linear taper as suggested by you.  Is this a setting issue? HELP 

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Glenn Rutledge wrote:

Hello- I'm using a Dunlop XL (DVP 1XL) 10k pot expression petal with just a tip sleep connector. When I operate the petal with H9 the parameter values go from say 0 (heel down) to 100 HALF way rocking the petal to 0 again at toe down. The specs on the petal say :Low Friction Band Drive" petal.  Is this not a Linear taper as suggested by you.  Is this a setting issue? HELP 

This problem is caused by using a mono cable with a TRS-type pedal – it has nothing to do with the stompbox.  With a Factor, or an H9 with EXPTIP set to EXP, you could use a stereo TRS cable (as suggested by Mr Dunlop).

If you want to use both a switch and a pedal with H9, you should see https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/using-both-aux-switch-and-expression-pedal-h9

Glenn Rutledge
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Glenn Rutledge wrote:

Hello- I’m using a Dunlop XL (DVP 1XL) 10k pot expression petal with just a tip sleep connector. When I operate the petal with H9 the parameter values go from say 0 (heel down) to 100 HALF way rocking the petal to 0 again at toe down. The specs on the petal say :Low Friction Band Drive” petal.  Is this not a Linear taper as suggested by you.  Is this a setting issue? HELP 

This problem is caused by using a mono cable with a TRS-type pedal – it has nothing to do with the stompbox.  With a Factor, or an H9 with EXPTIP set to EXP, you could use a stereo TRS cable (as suggested by Mr Dunlop).

If you want to use both a switch and a pedal with H9, you should see https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/using-both-aux-switch-and-expression-pedal-h9

So, I used aTRS cable (as I should have- thanks), however I’m having issues  I want to be able to use the EXP petal to ramp up the wet vs. dry or vice versa. However, whenever I set a System setting (as in this case I was setting Global Mix to have my expression petal either wet to dry), the 0-100 settings reflected NO change in wet/dry. It did something like a time/space squeeze), but not what I wanted (remove effect via EXP petal).

Worse, whenever I use System setting for something, then back out (via Hotknob + Rt footswitch) to do another SYSTEM setting is DOES NOT go back into System mode. It goes back to the last System setting I used. I must power down the device to be able to get back into the top level System mode! 

Is it me?  Thanks

Glenn Rutledge
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Glenn Rutledge wrote:

Belay my last. Not a stompbox issue- I needed to press Presets to go up one level (and not have to power down). 

I still would love to be able to use my EXP petal to have 100 wet at toe down, and 0% at heel down. Can this be done? I would think so, gotta be user error here. Thanks again,

Glenn

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.