Best three Algorithms for Acoustic?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Best three Algorithms for Acoustic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Clark106345

Hello all! New to the pedal, just wanted to know–if im going to spend 60 bucks, what are the three best algorithms to purchase for acoustic guitar use? Thanks in advance!

kenhan
      Participant
      Clark106345 wrote:

Hello all! New to the pedal, just wanted to know–if im going to spend 60 bucks, what are the three best algorithms to purchase for acoustic guitar use? Thanks in advance!

Although it depends on what you will she to accomplish, my favorites are:

1. Space Time. It’s hard to beat one algo that does chorus, 2 delays, and reverb.

2. EQ Compressor. If you already have other pedals for mod and reverb, this is a great algo to shape and tame acoustic guitar idiosyncrasies. I only wish this algo would allow me to load a 3rd party impulse response like from 3 Sigma. It would be the perfect algo for acoustic guitar.

3. Tremolo or Spring Reverb with tremolo setting. I enjoy what tremolo does to acoustic guitar sound.

rorytheherb

I think those are probably best, but of course it depends on what else you already have.

brock
      Participant

That was good advice above.  I gave this some thought earlier, and came to similar conclusions for acoustic guitar application: one of the multi-effects, a compressor, and reverb (or modulation, on the mild side).

Not knowing the OP’s musical preferences & available effects, I’m assuming at least the H910 / H949 algo from an H9 Core.  That would cover pitch shift / 12-string simulations, micropitch detuning, & parallel delays.

SpaceTime is a logical choice.  The other multi-effects might be a little over-the-top for acoustic (although I really like ModEchoVerb’s selection of mod FX in isolation).  PitchFuzz on acoustic?  Hmmm …enlightened

My choice for compression would be DynaVerb.  It would satisfy the reverb ‘requirement’, while adding that killer OmniPressor versatility.  I’d say DynaVerb requires a real familiarity with compression parameters, and how to adjust them to best effect.  If the focus leans more towards fine control over equalization and routing – along with a ‘guitaristic’ approach – then EQ Compressor is the better selection.

And the 3rd?  Phaser came to mind immediately, with lighter brush strokes.  Some form of reverb would easily nudge that out, if currently unavailable.  Each one of the delay or reverb algorithms brings a unique flavor & capability with it.  SpaceTime bases its reverb on a plate, so Room or Hall would cover the standard fare.

rorytheherb

There’s a trick (not really a trick) I had overlooked until a few months ago that made a bigger difference than any algo in the H9. Go into the settings in H9 Control and tinker around with the input gain and output gain settings in conjunction with your guitar volume. If you juice it up a lot (but just under clipping) you can really get a tonal improvement and bring your acoustic-electric signal to life!  

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.