Bi-amping with H90

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bi-amping with H90

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fox Uncle
      Participant

I’m loving the H90. All the hard work and experience put into this pedal shows, even months after using it daily. I would really love to bi-amp my bass using this pedal. I feel like it would do an amazing job. If there isn’t a way to do this already, could it be submitted as a feature request?

brock
      Participant

Love to hear these out-of-the-box applications.  I don’t know that there’s a straight-up method for bi-amping, even using Dual Processing.  Or using up both slots with the EQ / Compressor.  Maybe one or both sides, out the Inserts?  Sorry, I’m not in front of the H90, so I could be wrong here.  Spit-balling ideas …

My first thought for a workaround would be using Sculpt in Split Mode, with or without minimal Low- and High-Drive.  Upsides are setting the crossover point, isolating lows & highs, limited mixing + Low Boost, distortion option, bonus compressor and envelope filters.  Downside is that Sculpt will always occupy 1 of the 2 slots.

Fox Uncle
      Participant

Thank you for those suggestions. It would be so awesome if there was a simple program for routing a low frequency range to one output, and a high frequency range to the other output. I feel H90 would do an amazing job at this, but I’m no engineer. Thanks again for your suggestions! I’ll try those out.

zambiland
      Participant

I wonder if there is another pedal that does this. It’s a pretty easy task in the analog world and seems like a waste of processing power for the H90. If there isn’t another pedal that does just this, there should be.

I think I’ll reach out to some pedal making friends.

brock
        Participant

… It would be so awesome if there was a simple program for routing a low frequency range to one output, and a high frequency range to the other output …

Maybe pad out the THRU Utility algorithm with a Pan & EQ parameter?  The EQ slope would have to be steep / parametric.  I have found other potential uses for adding a Pan parameter as a feature request there.

But again, you’re using up a valuable A / B Preset slot or two.

The only other pedal I have seen referencing biamping is that Orange Bass Butler.  I know very little about it, other than it’s expensive, and big.  I guess no bigger than an LS-2 through a stereo EQ would be.

brock
        Participant

Come to think of it, my musings above would be more efficient at the Program level.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.