Bitcrusher for the H9? And tips and tricks for using H9 with synth!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bitcrusher for the H9? And tips and tricks for using H9 with synth!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      theohjorth

Hi,

Im the happy owner of Eventide H9 Max – mainly for use with my Prophet-6, but also with my NS3.

Rigth now Im mostly using it as a reverb pedal, – that makes it a pretty expensive reverb pedal 😉 So I was wondering if any of you had some tips and tricks for using it with a synth. Some way of making a lead synth really nasty for solo-playing fx.

The other thing – I would love to have a bitcrusher effect, wouldnt it be a great thing for Eventide to make for the H9 soon? 😉

Have a nice day

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      theohjorth wrote:

Hi,

Im the happy owner of Eventide H9 Max – mainly for use with my Prophet-6, but also with my NS3.

Rigth now Im mostly using it as a reverb pedal, – that makes it a pretty expensive reverb pedal 😉 So I was wondering if any of you had some tips and tricks for using it with a synth. Some way of making a lead synth really nasty for solo-playing fx.

The other thing – I would love to have a bitcrusher effect, wouldnt it be a great thing for Eventide to make for the H9 soon? 😉

Have a nice day

A few algorithms for you to try: Crushstation, PitchFuzz, Sculpt. Octaver, MangledVerb

Bodde
      Participant

A Bitcrusher would be nice. There isn’y any although you can try above mentioned algos. Although they are not the same. Maybe also try the Ring Modulator. But I think the Ring Modulator can be improved compared to other Ring Mod pedals out there. I don’t use that algo so much because of that. Happy Bitcrushing!

brock
      Participant

A poor man’s bitcrusher, without any control over sample depth.  [Might be simulated with FILTER control?]

There’s a strong OUT LEVEL boost to compensate for the 5 bits.  DELAY A + B times are optional (keep it low for WET MIX 100), but I’ve included them here for doubling effects.

Expression pedal is optional.  It’s mapped to swap the DELAY A+B values between 5 & 25 mS, in opposite directions.  That’ll put a little ‘whammy bump’ bend into the pedal throw.

Slow travel, and it’s a fairly gentle ‘pitch shift’; down & up.  Fast travel, and it resembles an old KORG / UniVox BENDER switch.  Different ranges of DELAY A + B times are useful for deeper or shallower bend-and- returns.

Bonus points if you switch REPEAT on some sustaining notes, and continue to work your expression pedal.  That will twist a crushed note into an atonal sequence, before sputtering out.  Full Toe on the EXP PED hastens the disintegration into dust particles.

You can fold in some modulation effects to that ‘pitch bend’ (again, optional).  Ramp in both MOD DEPTH & MOD SPEED at the same time, to enhance the doubling effect.  It’s a ‘natural’ overlay on an ‘unnatural’ effect, and gets especially complex on the decaying signal.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.