Blackhole AAX64 ETA?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Blackhole AAX64 ETA?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      jono_3
      Participant

Is there a timeline for a PT 11 compatible version of Blackhole?

jfreak
      Participant

Must be close because they're so silent…? If it was months away, I would expect some kind of reply.

tlockett
      Participant

It's lame that Blackhole and HD3000 are not AAX64 bit yet, I find it hard to believe they are really working on it, come on it's been well over a year,and I bought thinking it be ready for AAX64 bit,I can't even use it with Blue Cat Patchwork,because they don't even have a 64 bit VST for Mac.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to have AAX64 versions of Blackhole and Factory in the coming months.  I know it's been a little bit, but we've done a full overhaul of our code to make the plug-ins more stable and to make it easier to build new plug-ins going forward.

I appreciate the frustration that this is not ready yet, but just to be clear AAX64 didn't even exist until June 2013 when Avid shipped PT11, and we've never promised Mac VST with either of these plug-ins.

I hope to have them soon, and will update here with more information as I get it.

Thanks,

Dan

TCDetroit
      Participant

Thank you Mr. Gillespie!

thayne

Thank you sir. Looking forward to them myself.

jfreak
      Participant

So does this mean you are still developing one plug at the time or are we going to see full Anthology AAX-native in a timely fashion?

Does the "coming months" mean something like March or are we going to have to wait until next christmas?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we were able to clear through the issues we were having with the AAX64 SDK and have built Blackhole and Factory on AAX64.  We'll be doing some tests, and fixing any issues which pop up, but I expect to release this in the coming weeks.

To answer your broader questions, the work we've been doing will go toward our other plug-ins as well, which are coming along.  I can't give you a planned date at the moment, but we are getting closer.

Thanks,

Dan

jono_3
      Participant

Awesome news! I super appreciate you guys keeping everyone updated. 🙂

minikin
      Participant

Hey Dan,

Do you have any news ?
      Really looking forward  AAX 64.

Thanks!

iburwell
      Participant

Hi Dan,

I noticed a Blackhole update for 28/3/2014, the windows .zip is corrupt is this the AAX installer,

Regards

Ian

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Yeah, 

You noticed before we finished getting it all up for Monday morning, but since you did, here are some live links:

Blackhole for Windows:
      http://ftp.eventide.com/plugins/Blackhole/Blackhole130win.zip

Blackhole for Mac:
      http://ftp.eventide.com/plugins/Blackhole/Blackhole130osx.dmg

H3000 Factory for Windows:
      http://ftp.eventide.com/plugins/H3000FactoryNative/H3000Factory211win.zip

H3000 Factory for Mac:
      http://ftp.eventide.com/plugins/H3000FactoryNative/H3000Factory211osx.dmg

Enjoy,

Dan

jfreak
      Participant

Hi.

I posted a thread about corrupted download (no need to publish). I tried three times to download the H3000Factory211osx.dmg through the support page, but it failed. Straight link in this post however works perfectly. What's wrong with the support page link?

Also,

Is it still the plan to give two authorizations, one for iLok and one for machine, or has the policy changed? So far I only have iLok license for Blackhole and H3000 and not hard drive auth like the Omnipressor and 2016 Stereo Room.

danatkorg
      Participant

Thanks for posting this.

It would appear that names for soft keys are still not preserved after saving and re-opening a project. This continues to severely damage the product's usability for me. Previously you had written that you hoped to fix this with the AAX release. What are your current plans?

danatkorg
      Participant

(The previous post was in relation to the H3000 Factory plug-in, btw.)

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

HI danatkorg,

We have a ground up re-write in progress that should fix this, and a couple other open issues with Factory.  The re-write is actually pretty close, but will still take a bit longer.  In the mean time, AAX64 and Mac VST support were ready and we couldn't, in good conscience, hold them up to wait for these issues, as they had broken compatibility for a lot of people.  

That said, I am very aware of the open usability issues with Factory, and we are addressing them.  

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi JFreak,

This is the plan.  The reason is that these links were supposed to go live on Monday.  I don't know why they are up, but not working today, but am trying to find out.  Since they did go live, I figured I'd post the real links here.  But the official roll out is Monday and everything should work well then.

Dan

Anatolyj_B
      Participant

Hi DGillespie
      I also wait possibility to register my Blackhole iLok license on PC.
      (I install v1.3, then try Activate without usb key, enter ilok account data, but get "You dont have any licenses…. etc.")
      I hope it will be possible.

jfreak
      Participant

Yes I got the email and got downloads, but shouldn't us old customers (who crossgraded from Anthology II to individual Native PT10 AAX) also get the 2nd machine auth? My iLok Manager does not show any change…

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi JFreak,

Yes, your licenses should change over today during the day.  We're waiting for the change to percolate through the system.

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Anatolyj_B,

If your license is already on your ilok you will have to go into iLok License Manager and move your license from your ilok to your PC manually.  You will do this by following these steps:

1. Plug in your iLok

2. Load iLok License Manger and log in with your username and password.

3. On the left hand side of iLok License Manager, click the icon that corresponds to the iLok which contains your license.

4. In the main window, find your Blackhole license.  Click and drag it onto the icon on the left hand side of iLok License Manager the corresponds to your computer.

5. Follow the dialog boxes.

That said, this might not work just yet.  Apparently the change to switch existing licenses to be able to be authorized on the host is still percolating through the servers.  It should work later today, but I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Dan

sasse
      Participant

Awesome news – thanks for the great plug-ins ! 

Anatolyj_B
      Participant

DGillespie:

4. In the main window, find your Blackhole license.  Click and drag it onto the icon on the left hand side of iLok License Manager the corresponds to your computer

Yes, i was doing exactly this.

DGillespie:

That said, this might not work just yet.  Apparently the change to switch existing licenses to be able to be authorized on the host is still percolating through the servers.  It should work later today, but I'll let you know

Oh thanks, then clear, ok.  (ofcourse it is not critical moment, but would be slightly more comfortable, ie not plug key every time).

Anatolyj_B
      Participant

Thanks, now iLok to PC translate work ok.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.