Blackhole – bypass ?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Blackhole – bypass ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      unguitar
      Participant

Hello,

given the awesome opportunity of the promo on Blackhole, I’m giving it a try.

I must say I’m very surprised to hear how familiar it sounds. I’m a long time Eventide rack user ( 4000 to Orville to H8000), and I’m very happy to see how close to H8000 reverb algorithm it is.

I’m at the beginning of my test and I’d like to check if is there opportunity to bypass it. My system doesn’t have bypass button ( Audiomulch) and need to create a bypass state not just to let audio pass through it uneffected but mainly to save cpu when not in use.

Any advice/turnaround ?

thanks,

Luca

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Luca-

Glad you are liking the sound of the algorithim! At the moment, Blackhole does not have an internal dsp bypass state (most DAWs provide this functionality but I guess Audiomulch does not), but we will log it here as a feature request.

-Tom

unguitar
      Participant

Thank you for the good news Tom.

Yes, Audiomulch doesn’t have a bypass option. But I must say that more and more vsts which used to have no bypass are adding it while they are going on with their updates.

I think that it would be easy to allow the “KILL” switch to be set as it is or as a system bypass, exactly as you can do on your hardware processors.

On a different topic: can you move the preset folder to a different position ?

Thanks

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        unguitar wrote:

Thank you for the good news Tom.

Yes, Audiomulch doesn't have a bypass option. But I must say that more and more vsts which used to have no bypass are adding it while they are going on with their updates.

I think that it would be easy to allow the "KILL" switch to be set as it is or as a system bypass, exactly as you can do on your hardware processors.

On a different topic: can you move the preset folder to a different position ?

Thanks

Hi Luca-

Sorry, I could have been more clear with my wording – we will certainly consider adding a bypass based on your request, but I can't say for sure what the outcome will be. I agree that configuring the KILL switch could be a good option.

The presets need to be in the default location (~/Documents/Eventide/Blackhole) in order for the plug-in dropdown menu to find them. You can load/save presets from any location using the "Load" and "Save" buttons, however.

Best,

Tom

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.