Blackhole: how to use Mono-In Mono-Out

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Blackhole: how to use Mono-In Mono-Out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cauldron
      Participant

I must admit that Blackhole has a really unique sound and it sounds very smooth like silk.

I’m trying to use it as a dual mono effect but with only one input channel the effect also works on the other output channel. Can I configure Blackhole to act on the single channel as if I had two separate monophonic instances?

The Blackole Handbook writes: “Blackhole can be used as Mono-In Mono-Out, Mono-In Stereo-Out, or Stereo-In Stereo-Out.”

Thanks

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, what DAW are you using?

If your DAW allows you to use mono tracks (some are always stereo), then you should be able to instantiate a Mono-In Mono-Out instance.

cauldron
      Participant
      Hi, I’m using Ardour. In the specific case I used a two-channel stereo track.

The purpose is to use a track of 12 monophonic(!) channels (with Ardour you can do it). For example I load 6 parallel VST instances of the Eiosis AirEQ or equivalently with 2  5.1(= 6 channels) VST instances.

In the specific case I will have to use six VST instances of Blackhole.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Gotcha. Unfortunately, unless there is an option to run multi-mono plug-ins in Ardour, the stereo version of Blackhole does not have the capability to function as 2 monophonic instances. You could run 12 mono instances, one on each track, however.

Let me know if I'm interpreting your question wrong.

cauldron
      Participant

I understand, fortunately with Ardour I can do all this (as a manual configuration) within the same 12-channel track as you can see in the attachment. Obviously plugins parameters are the same for all instances.

Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.