Blackhole in Audacity

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Blackhole in Audacity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Just trying to add some Blackhole to a track in Audacity and when I get the Blackhole Plugin screen, I can not change any parameters mix Pre-Delay etc, load any presets or save presets … the blue wobbly line of love still moves and I can apply the plugin to the audio….but ONLY the default setting it loaded with.

it works fine in Logic and Reaper, so it looks like it is a speciffic issue to Audacity … but I have never had this problem with other plugins in Audacity…. weird.

Audacity is version 2.0.0

MacBook Pro Core2 Duo Mid 2009 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

We were able to reproduce this issue and will try to get a fix for the next release.

Part of the problem may be that Audacity only supports VSTs at the moment, and Blackhole isn't offered as a VST for Mac, so there may be a third party wrapper to blame here. If this is the case I'm not sure how much we'll be able to do as we don't have any information about the wrapper. 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi Nikhil,

Audacity is using Audio Units, I don't use VST's personally… And in fact have all plugin types apart from Audio Units disabled in Audacity.

Cheers

Martin

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Okay, thanks for the heads up on the detail, I'll look into it a bit more. This issue has also been added to our systems.

In the meantime, while this isn't a permanent or official/supported solution, try chaining Audacity's output to Soundflower (made by Cycling '74, it's free), then Soundflower to Logic, and use Blackhole in Logic. 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi Nikhal,

Thanks for the info, will have a look into it…. Got round by exporting to Logic and adding the plugins there… Would be a PITA to do for a lot of tracks… But doable for the odd track.

Will look into the unsupported solution you suggested too.

Thanks

Martin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.