blackhole native plugin 64bit

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins blackhole native plugin 64bit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      xtrust

HI, I bought blackhole native plugin just amazing

….. but why is  only 32-bit and not 64-bit?

Roberto

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A 64 bit version is under development but not yet available. Why are there only 24 hours in a day ?

ellance

Hi, is there a plan to have the vst Plug-ins working on Mac ? Any idea about a time frame ?

Cheers from Paris.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is a plan. It will come to fruition later this year. Can't say more than that at this time.

kaboom
      Participant

If you are on Windows  installing Jbridge will run 32bit plugs in a 64bit DAW

I just tested Blackhole with Ableton Live 64bit beta on Win 7 64bit and it does work if you have Jbridge installed.

Think their is a mac version of Jbridge called JbridgeM. Try the Jbridge Demo.

chrispire
      Participant

I'll be really happy when the 64 Bit AU is released. It's almost 2013 and nothing in my plugin collection has been 32 bit for a long time, so I made the mistake of assuming that Black Hole would be 64 bit. It's my bad, but I would not have purchased this plugin if the product description had been more informative and  specified that it is 32 bit only.

dlwhite66
      Participant

well it's 2013… 2nd quarter about to begin and no 64bit blackhole still.  that's disappointing.  If you hadn't set expectation for a 2012 drop, I wouldn't have bought it so early as I am now fully 64bit and I'm not buying a 3rd party bit bridge for the only plug-in I own that's still just 32bit.  (UAD, PSP, Audio Damage, Ableton, Cakewalk – all 64bit).  time to catch up!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

I wanted to give an update to the state of 64 bit support.  We have Blackhole and 2016 running on 64 bit, but we are having problems applying the licensing.  We are working with PACE to quickly resolve this issue, but I can't say when exactly it will be resolved.  I can promise that it will remain resolved and that is has been and continues to be a priority.

Thanks,

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff
      kaboom
      Participant

Thank all the team involved for me it's a great thing this 64bit  I hate that ugly jbridge wrapper that's about to vanish.

Arion444
      Participant

Really having a problem with this download. How do I upgrade to 64-bit on my DAW computer? The file doesn't do anything…just opens a Windows dialog that asks which program do I want to open this file with?

Help?!

P.S. I have a registered 32-bit version on my DAW (Windows 7 64bit – Cubase 7 64bit).

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks Kaboom,

Sorry it took so long.  Glad it's working for you.

Dan

kaboom
      Participant

Don't know about Win 7 but for some amps windows 8 will not run things but in the pop up you can click run.  Sounds to me like you tried to run the mac version of Blackhole installer.

Try this one Windows 64bit VST- http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/Plug%2 0Ins/Eventide%20Users/209189BlackholeVST1_1windows%20×64%20i nstaller.ashx

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Just tried the updated Blackhole 64bit Audio Unit v 1.1 and it still does not work in Audacity.. I reported this issue last year and it was reproduced by Eventide support.

Not sure if this is an Eventide issue or an Audacity issue, although I dont have any problems with any other plugins in audacity?

Cheers

Martin 

kaboom
      Participant

I would  use something more like Ableton live than  Audiacity  as not many use it for music production.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I use Logic mainly as my DAW, I just use Audacity to quickly spice up digital recordings of rehearsals and one take demos…. A full DAW does not seem to work well for me for this workflow, an editor like Audacity / sound forge works better for me in this instance.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi badmelonfarmer,

We've been able to identify the Audacity issue and it's related to some funky ways that Audacity handles threads.  Unfortunately the fix will involve a pretty big rewrite of a fairly central piece of code and I didn't want to hold up 64 bit support any longer for this.  We're going to roll out 64 bit support to Omnipressor and SP2016, then we should be able to address this in an update down the road.

Sorry it can't be sooner,

Dan

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Ok Dan, thanks for the info.

Martin

jimbourekas
      Participant

Hello there. Should there still be a problem with 64bit licensing? I can't get my Cubase 5 x64 to see the license on the iLok. Any ideas? thanks

jimbourekas
      Participant

Ok, solved.

I uninstalled both client and driver, unplugged the ilok, installed driver without the ilok plugged in and then restarted when prompted. Works ok now for win7 x64 and cubase 5 d64.

jim

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

I'm glad to see that it's fixed, Jim.  I've found that sometime after downloading a license I have to unplug and plug in the iLok before the license is recognized.  I don't know why this is.

Dan

cyphersuit

Hey I've downloaded the windows 64 bit installer and installed the license on my ilok 2. but how can i open the installer? it asks me in which software i would like to edit the file…

cyphersuit

i am a first time customer and i have the same 🙁

kaboom
      Participant

If you are on Windows XP  you need to install 7Zip  to unzip the zipped download.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Once installed just go back to your downloaded file right click it and click 7zip then extract to here. Then double click the unzipped file.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Actually, just an update …. i have realised you can you the "Scroll Wheel" function of the mouse whilst hovering over the virtual knob to control the values in Audacity.

YAY!

Antoine
      Participant

I'm blind? or where can I find the Blackhole installer for MAC VST?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Antoine,

Unfortunately, there is not yet Mac VST support for H3000 Factory or Blackhole.  I hope to roll this into an update in the coming months.

Dan

Antoine
      Participant

Oh….ok.

Thanks for your answer.

Would be nice for the next update.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Just out of interest what DAW on Mac uses only VST?

I must admit I tend to only use Audio Units on Mac, the very few DAWs i have used on the Mac have all used AU's and only a few have offered VST support.

Not sure if I have ever seen any that ONLY use VST. …so thought I would ask.

davidkaeser
      Participant

Hi Badmelonfarmer 🙂

Cubase 7.5 uses VST.

Antoine
      Participant

Cubase and Nuendo

Ableton Live do use AU and VST.

and maybe Studio one, but don't know.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Antoine:

Cubase and Nuendo

Ableton Live do use AU and VST.

and maybe Studio one, but don't know.

ahh, only used Cubase years ago on PC and never tried Nuendo.

looks like Studio One supports AU's  …. just not in the free version

timdogao

Any news on when a 64bit aax version of blackhole and h3000 will be available? I'm now on PT11 and they're my only 2 plugins that aren't available yet, any news would be greatly appreciated!

kptainfilou
      Participant

Yes please, you're beginning to be awfully late with those two Sad

svaughanmerrick
      Participant

agreed!

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Guys,

I was planning on rolling these in with a handful of other changes and having them out in a couple months.  However, I'm now trying to get just AAX64 and possibly Mac VST out sooner, then another release later.

We'll see what happens.

Dan

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.