Blackhole Pedal Locked(??)/Flashing LEDs…..

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Blackhole Pedal Locked(??)/Flashing LEDs…..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      gregmon79

I can’t get my BH pedal to work. I updated the firmware, and now its acting all funky and won’t work. My PC won’t even recognize the pedal when I plug it in whereas it did previously. Not sure what happened. I can’t even get it to factory reset from the pedal itself. It’s like, locked up…….

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      gregmon79 wrote:

I can't get my BH pedal to work. I updated the firmware, and now its acting all funky and won't work. My PC won't even recognize the pedal when I plug it in whereas it did previously. Not sure what happened. I can't even get it to factory reset from the pedal itself. It's like, locked up…….

1. Have you tried factory reset by booting up the unit while pressing the ACTIVE footswitch & the ACTIVE LED button?

2. Are you still able to boot the UPDATE mode by pressing the TAP Button & TAP Footswitch?

jcro419

I’m having the same issue… i can’t reset anything. I’ve only had the pedal for 4 hours.

jcro419

I’m having the same issue… i can’t reset anything. I’ve only had the pedal for 4 hours.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Have you tried any or both the procedures outlined above with factory resetting and booting up in update mode?

jcro419

I can’t do anything. I unplugged it and also tried the reset stuff. Maybe i’m doing it wrong??

jcro419

EDM won’t recognize the pedal either. 

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Since you have EDM up, let’s try this. Just to make sure you’re not doing anything wrong.

Disconnect the power for the pedal.
      Simultaneously press the right footswitch and the right LED button above the right footswitch, and while holding them down, connect the power adapter to the pedal.
      You should see two lights blinking on the pedal, preset1 and preset 5. Does that happen?

jcro419

Yes, those lights are flashing. 🙂 Now what?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Connect the USB cable to your computer and open up EDM. You should see the name of your pedal pop up in the list. Do you?

jcro419

I do.:)

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Make sure it’s highlighted in yellow and click “OK”.
      It will take you to the main screen. Look for FIRMWARE UPDATES on the left hand side and click “Check for updates”. Click on the topmost choice so it highlights yellow and click “Install update” on the top right. You’ll see a progress bar, after which the pedal will reset. You should be good to go. Let me know.

jcro419

Thank you so much! It’s working now!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

FANTASTIC! If you would like to learn everything there is to know about Blackhole, feel free to check out the videos below. Enjoy your new pedal.

Blackhole Tutorial – Part1: Knobs & Switches
      https://youtu.be/EdvvirF5uOw?list=PLhT2MsSeKiDxicpl2QOj2oLnX21tzwK4Y

Blackhole Tutorial – Part2: Rear Panel & System Settings

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.