Blackhole Pedal powers up, no sound

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Blackhole Pedal powers up, no sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ddamanti

Hi y’all,

The Blackhole pedal seems to need to be unplugged, and replugged to get sound.  It powers up with no issue – just no sound at first.  I am also experiencing the same issue with my Hologram Microcosm, which sits right next to the Blackhole on my board.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

My signal chain: (Nano Max, powered by Truetone CS6)

Boss TU-3w…Mojohand Pompeii…GFI Synesthesia…Microcosm…Blackhole…Mr Black Tapex-2…Boss RC300…to amps.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Does the Blackhole behave the same way when you use the factory power adapter?

ddamanti

It operated perfectly using the factory supply, before adding it to my board and board power supply.  Strangely, this issue is inconsistent, and as I mentioned before, once I unplug the pedal from the board power supply and then reconnect it using the same power, it works flawlessly.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

If the Blackhole works fine with the supplied adapter, then are you certain you are using one of the appropriate 9V 200ma outputs on your Truetone CS6?

ddamanti

Definitely.  I double-checked and I am powering the Blackhole with the 200ma output from the CS6.  Strange also that I am experiencing the same thing with the Microcosm, which is being powered by the same supply (400ma output).  Thanks for the reply by the way!

I think I’ll hook the Blackhole up tomorrow and make sure that I have the latest firmware.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

I’m concerned that it is not a firmware issue, but rather, inconsistent power from the power supply that may not be providing the required current. Anyway, it doesn’t hurt to make sure you’ve got the latest firmware on your pedal. Download the latest version of Eventide Device Manager (EDM), hook up Blackhole to your computer via USB, and check for the latest updates. Hopefully, that solves the problem.

ddamanti

Ok, thank you for the heads up.  I will do that and also add to this thread if the problem persists.  The supply is brand new (actually this entire setup is) so I hope there is no issue with the supply.

Thanks again!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.