Blackhole stereo

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Blackhole stereo

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      steevhise

I just got a Blackhole pedal and i’m wondering about stereo – does it “stereo image”? What i mean by that is, I have it in stereo mode and i have a stereo-mono TRS to double-TS y-adapter plugged into the input, and if i only send to one side, i would expect the effected output to be “skewed” toward that side, with some reverb leaking over into the other side (like if you had a sound source on one side of a reverberant room, of instance)… but, even when i listen on headphones, it doesnt seem like this is what’s happening, it sounds the same as if a centered signal was being input…

Am I just expecting the wrong thing, or doing something wrong? Or maybe just not listening carefully enough? or what? Are there only certain presets that “image” like what i’m talking about?

thanks,

steev

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      steevhise wrote:

I just got a Blackhole pedal and i'm wondering about stereo – does it "stereo image"? What i mean by that is, I have it in stereo mode and i have a stereo-mono TRS to double-TS y-adapter plugged into the input, and if i only send to one side, i would expect the effected output to be "skewed" toward that side, with some reverb leaking over into the other side (like if you had a sound source on one side of a reverberant room, of instance)… but, even when i listen on headphones, it doesnt seem like this is what's happening, it sounds the same as if a centered signal was being input…

Am I just expecting the wrong thing, or doing something wrong? Or maybe just not listening carefully enough? or what? Are there only certain presets that "image" like what i'm talking about?

thanks,

steev

Have you toggled the Mono-Stereo switch to Stereo?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Your ears are not playing a trick on you. Simply, Blackhole has its own unique algorithm for stereo imaging, so feeding it one channel of a stereo signal is not going to function the way you’re thinking and is not going render traditional results. It’s best to feed it a more balanced stereo signal or switch it to mono for one channel.

steevhise
      bohan wrote:

Have you toggled the Mono-Stereo switch to Stereo?

yes that’s what i meant when i said “I have it in stereo mode”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.