Blackhole VST3 install not detected in Ableton

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Blackhole VST3 install not detected in Ableton

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mpusch88
      Participant

Hello,

I recently purchased Blackhole and attempted to install both the regular 64bit vst version with nks support, and the vst3 version. Both versions seemed to install as expected to the indicated folders – however, the vst3 version refuses to be detected by Ableton live. I’m pretty convinced at this point that there is an issue with the vst3 version of your blackhole installer, considering all my other vst3 plugins load without issue.

Any advice would be appreciated – thanks!

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

Please try the steps below and letting me know what happens. Note that the Option/Alt-click “Rescan” is not the same as just clicking “Rescan” in Ableton.

Live 9 and below:

Go to Preferences->File Folder and Option/Alt-click “Rescan Plug-ins” to force a deep rescan.
      Live 10+:

Go to Preferences->Plug-ins and Option/Alt-click “Rescan” to force a deep rescan.

fnord23
        Participant

For me the re-scan didn’t work. I scanned (and restarted my system) a few times already, VST2 shows as expected but VST3 is not recognized by Ableton.

I’m using Ableton 11 on Windows 11. iLok Manager is up to date. Any other thing I could try?

mpusch88
      Participant

Awesome, that fixed it – thank you!

Sorry for blaming your VST :’)

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Glad to hear that resolved the issue!

fnord23
      Participant

For me the re-scan didn’t work. I scanned a few times already, VST2 shows as expected but VST3 is not recognized by Ableton.

I’m using Ableton 11 on Windows 11. iLok Manager is up to date. Any other thing I could try?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Just to confirm, did you follow the steps for the deep rescan that I provided above? That is not the same thing as just clicking rescan. You can also try reinstalling the plug-in and making sure that the VST3 box is checked when you install it.

If neither of those work, please contact support@eventide.com and let us know which steps you have tried already, we can help resolve your issue there.

fnord23
        Participant

It did work, sorry for bothering you. I deselected the default VST3 folder and selected it again in the settings –  causing a scan thinking it would be a deep scan. But the real deep scan did indeed find it now.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

No bother at all, glad to hear this worked for you!

corvus1348
      Participant

Got a problem in the kind of same case.

Blackhole immersive is installed, work on Reaper, but does not work on ableton.

It appears in the plugin list, so it’s scanned. But the plugin stays “empty” with this message: “this plugin has failed to be opened”

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

This is expected behavior. Our Immersive Plug-ins currently can only be opened in environments that support channel counts higher than stereo, and Live does not offer this.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.