Blackhole wont load in windows XP

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Blackhole wont load in windows XP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jtborger

Any solutions? Are there earlier installers available which do work?

I get the error “Could not find imported function in specified DLL” when loading the VST.

Thanks

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

We only support Windows 7 and higher, unfortunately. Though, it is possible you could still get thte plug-in to work. Can you provide a screenshot of the error message?

Best,

Tom

jtborger

Hi Tom

I cannot find the screenshot I made so I will make a new one asap.

I found out afterwards that XP isnt supported but I own more plugins which officially are not supporting XP but are running. I guess with some tweaking it can work. Is there perhaps an old installer version which did work on XP (altough might contain some bugs) which will run?

I will get back here if I have made the screenshot

gkellum
        Participant
        jtborger wrote:

Is there perhaps an old installer version which did work on XP (altough might contain some bugs) which will run?

We never supported anything earlier than Windows 7 with our native plugins, because when Eventide started releasing native plugins, ProTools 10 only supported Windows 7 and higher.

jtborger
        gkellum wrote:

We never supported anything earlier than Windows 7 with our native plugins, because when Eventide started releasing native plugins, ProTools 10 only supported Windows 7 and higher.

Ah, I didnt knew that. I read in the release notes that only windows 7 was now supported, of which I concluded that before that, XP was… But perhaps I didnt read it correctly anyway…

Thanks for pointing it out.

jtborger
        gkellum wrote:

Ah, I didnt knew that. I read in the release notes that only windows 7 was now supported, of which I concluded that before that, XP was… But perhaps I didnt read it correctly anyway…

Thanks for pointing it out.

jtborger

Here is the screenshot of the error.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi jtborger-

As gkellum said, we don't have any older installers that were ever explicitly tested on Windows XP.

I'm guessing this is the latest version of Blackhole on our website that you are trying to run? If so, this error messages is possibly caused because the C++ runtime library is not installed correctly on your system. The Blackhole installer should have installed it, but if something went wrong, you could try downloading and installing it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Apart from that, I'm afraid we can't offer much more assistance.

Best,

Tom

jtborger
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi jtborger-

As gkellum said, we don’t have any older installers that were ever explicitly tested on Windows XP.

I’m guessing this is the latest version of Blackhole on our website that you are trying to run? If so, this error messages is possibly caused because the C++ runtime library is not installed correctly on your system. The Blackhole installer should have installed it, but if something went wrong, you could try downloading and installing it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Apart from that, I’m afraid we can’t offer much more assistance.

Best,

Tom

Yeah I installed the latest version. 2.2.3 if I remember well. Im not at my studio computer right now, will try to install that C++ redistributable after the weekend. During installation, when it said it would install the package, it looked liked it skipped over it. I have one installed for some other software so will have to check if that keeps working.

I’ll let you know if I make any progress.

deebeedee
        Participant
        jtborger wrote:

TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi jtborger-

As gkellum said, we don’t have any older installers that were ever explicitly tested on Windows XP.

I’m guessing this is the latest version of Blackhole on our website that you are trying to run? If so, this error messages is possibly caused because the C++ runtime library is not installed correctly on your system. The Blackhole installer should have installed it, but if something went wrong, you could try downloading and installing it here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Apart from that, I’m afraid we can’t offer much more assistance.

Best,

Tom

Yeah I installed the latest version. 2.2.3 if I remember well. Im not at my studio computer right now, will try to install that C++ redistributable after the weekend. During installation, when it said it would install the package, it looked liked it skipped over it. I have one installed for some other software so will have to check if that keeps working.

I’ll let you know if I make any progress.

Did you manage to solve it as I’m having the same problem?

Thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.