Bluetooth?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bluetooth?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      c_drummond

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach an adapter to my timefactor so that I can connect to the h9 app via bluetooth? Just curious, it would make my life easier if I didnt have to attach a 6′ usb type b to it. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      c_drummond wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach an adapter to my timefactor so that I can connect to the h9 app via bluetooth? Just curious, it would make my life easier if I didnt have to attach a 6' usb type b to it. 

Probably not possible, as the TF is a USB slave as are most (or all) bluetooth adaptors. USB needs a master and a slave – two slaves can't talk to each other.

Someone may have better ideas, but my guess is that you need the cable. Or buy an H9 …

c_drummond

[/quote]

Probably not possible, as the TF is a USB slave as are most (or all) bluetooth adaptors. USB needs a master and a slave – two slaves can’t talk to each other.

Someone may have better ideas, but my guess is that you need the cable. Or buy an H9 …

[/quote]

hmm…i know i might be lambasted for this, but I just dont see the upside to an H9? I feel like I would need two to do what I need. I just dont have $800 to drop on two pedals. I mean someone please change my mind…?

camn
        Participant
        c_drummond wrote:

I mean someone please change my mind…?

It literally makes you a god.

c_drummond
        camn wrote:

c_drummond wrote:

Do you use just one or do you have multiple?

JCR
        Participant
        c_drummond wrote:

camn wrote:

c_drummond wrote:

I use only one mi.1 to control two H9’s, a Miditemp F-S-M (by SysEx) and a Selah Quarts Timer V2 and soon a Source Audio Reflex Pedal. The mi.1 is placed in de midi loop of my board. All my midi devices are controlled by the forScore app on my iPad which is connected to the mi.1. The forScore app has powerful midi capabilities and this way I can control all the midi devices thru bluetooth on my board. For me it works great. All devices are set per song and I don’t alter the parameters live except a few with a expression pedal. If I power up my board I connect my iPad to the mi.1 and start forScore and I am good to go. No midi cables, usb cables or guitar cables (Line 6 G70), only power to the board and board to amp.

I have attached a schematic of my current midi loop on the board including the mi.1

c_drummond
        JCR wrote:

c_drummond wrote:

camn wrote:

c_drummond wrote:

I use only one mi.1 to control two H9’s, a Miditemp F-S-M (by SysEx) and a Selah Quarts Timer V2 and soon a Source Audio Reflex Pedal. The mi.1 is placed in de midi loop of my board. All my midi devices are controlled by the forScore app on my iPad which is connected to the mi.1. The forScore app has powerful midi capabilities and this way I can control all the midi devices thru bluetooth on my board. For me it works great. All devices are set per song and I don’t alter the parameters live except a few with a expression pedal. If I power up my board I connect my iPad to the mi.1 and start forScore and I am good to go. No midi cables, usb cables or guitar cables (Line 6 G70), only power to the board and board to amp.

I have attached a schematic of my current midi loop on the board including the mi.1

That sounds awesome but a little extensive. Is there a big learning curve? And how do you feel about the H9’s? I still am not convinced, I don’t usually tinker live…but I feel like if I get an H9, I’m gonna want to and not have the ability to

JCR
        Participant

Is there a big learning curve?

There is a learning curve for using midi, but it depends per person and on what you want to do with midi. I’am using midi since the early nineties and have learned a lot since. If you only want to control one or two H9’s and tinker with them live, connect them by bluetooth and use the H9 control app. That way you do not need a mi.1.

And how do you feel about the H9’s?

I bought my first H9 early 2014 and allmost retutned it. Most of the default presets were (and are) totally over the top and not usable for me. But after tinkering with the presets I fel in love with the unit although my love has diminished over time. The sound quality is great, but with later firmware versions Eventide cut down on midi processing time and that has had a great effect on my system. I can’t use my H9’s as in the beginning and that annoys me.

If you play experimental music tinkering live could be fun, but I never felt the need for it. All my sounds are programmed very carefully and that’s the way I like it…

c_drummond
        JCR wrote:

Is there a big learning curve?

There is a learning curve for using midi, but it depends per person and on what you want to do with midi. I’am using midi since the early nineties and have learned a lot since. If you only want to control one or two H9’s and tinker with them live, connect them by bluetooth and use the H9 control app. That way you do not need a mi.1.

And how do you feel about the H9’s?

I bought my first H9 early 2014 and allmost retutned it. Most of the default presets were (and are) totally over the top and not usable for me. But after tinkering with the presets I fel in love with the unit although my love has diminished over time. The sound quality is great, but with later firmware versions Eventide cut down on midi processing time and that has had a great effect on my system. I can’t use my H9’s as in the beginning and that annoys me.

If you play experimental music tinkering live could be fun, but I never felt the need for it. All my sounds are programmed very carefully and that’s the way I like it…

I play mostly at church, so a lot of delay and reverb. But I recently began writing my own stuff for outside of church. Trying to get a band started to play more alternative, synth driven rock. So I have been looking into more modulation stuff, phase, trem…etc. I love my timefactor, but I need more. I have done a little research on the h9, I wish that you could use more than one algorithm at a time. 

camn
        Participant
        c_drummond wrote:

camn wrote:

c_drummond wrote:

Just 1. 

Its enough.

JCR
      Participant
      c_drummond wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to attach an adapter to my timefactor so that I can connect to the h9 app via bluetooth? Just curious, it would make my life easier if I didnt have to attach a 6′ usb type b to it. 

If the TF has a powered midi output (the earlyier H9’s did not have that) you can use a Quicco Sound mi.1 Wireless Midi Adapter. Just stick em in the midi in and out of the TF and connect the mi.1 to your apple device. I use one of these to control my 2 H9’s and other midi equipment on my board by bluetooth and that works great as long as you do not use midi clock. Midi clock is not stable if used thru the mi.1. They can be found on Amazon in the states and at Thomann in europe.

JCR
      Participant
      c_drummond wrote:

Correction: I don’t use the H9 control app to control my H9’s thru the mi.1, I only use midi commands to control my devices. But in theory it should work if you select “Connect by midi” in the app and select the mi.1

JCR
      Participant
      c_drummond wrote:

I did a quick test on my board but it does not work. The H9 control app on my iPad does not have a “Connect by midi” as the Windows app has… But if you make a basic setup in the Midi Designer app in iOS all works well with the mi.1, but it is not as fancy as the H9 control app and it is not interactive. It would be a lot more easy if the H9 app could handle Midi LE devices like the mi.1 as a source.

c_drummond
        JCR wrote:

c_drummond wrote:

I did a quick test on my board but it does not work. The H9 control app on my iPad does not have a “Connect by midi” as the Windows app has… But if you make a basic setup in the Midi Designer app in iOS all works well with the mi.1, but it is not as fancy as the H9 control app and it is not interactive. It would be a lot more easy if the H9 app could handle Midi LE devices like the mi.1 as a source.

Alright. I appreciate it. I’ll look into it. 

camn
      Participant

I do too, sometimes. But mostly to add delays or loops on top of whatever else.

If I only had a TimeFactor! Then it would all be there.

Plus.. Midi out from H9–> MIDI in on timefactor = Bluetooth control of the whole shebang?

c_drummond
        camn wrote:

I do too, sometimes. But mostly to add delays or loops on top of whatever else.

If I only had a TimeFactor! Then it would all be there.

Plus.. Midi out from H9–> MIDI in on timefactor = Bluetooth control of the whole shebang?

Alright, you are slowly convincing me haha. But here is my next question ( I have almost no knowledge on MIDI), how do you change presets on the h9? Would I need a midi controller? I have an aux switch for the timefactor so I can bank up and down, and have tap for my presets, would this suffice for the H9 as well? Or would the midi control that stuff? 

camn
      Participant

there are so many ways.

there is a dial on the thing that you can use with your hand.

you can click a button and increment.

you can use AuX swithces. 

OR you can use midi.

You can also program the thing, so that when you choose a preset on the H9.. it sends a signal over midi to the timefactor to switch as well. 

It can be a simple setup using no actual midi controller.

Or, you can enter he wonderful and fantastic world of midi! 

My setup just has a Disaster Are 3XL for control.

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-3xl-gen3

Its small.. and I have three banks. The top button cycles banks… the front 2 are the active ones.

bank 1: our rotation, organized by song title. I choose the song, it sets up my H9 (it can control both the H9 and a timefactor simultaneously, tho), 

bank 2: immediate activation up/down of presets.

bank 3: non-immediate up/down of presets. (I have to hit the button on the H9 to engage the change.)

I use the H(‘s right switch for tap tempo, and the left as on/off. I have an analog expression pedal (Mission) and analog AUX switch which is wired to the PERFORMANCE function. (which is totally key).

And seriously.. I am like 4 guitarists in 1. It is unreal.

c_drummond
        camn wrote:

there are so many ways.

there is a dial on the thing that you can use with your hand.

you can click a button and increment.

you can use AuX swithces. 

OR you can use midi.

You can also program the thing, so that when you choose a preset on the H9.. it sends a signal over midi to the timefactor to switch as well. 

It can be a simple setup using no actual midi controller.

Or, you can enter he wonderful and fantastic world of midi! 

My setup just has a Disaster Are 3XL for control.

http://www.disasterareaamps.com/shop/dmc-3xl-gen3

Its small.. and I have three banks. The top button cycles banks… the front 2 are the active ones.

bank 1: our rotation, organized by song title. I choose the song, it sets up my H9 (it can control both the H9 and a timefactor simultaneously, tho), 

bank 2: immediate activation up/down of presets.

bank 3: non-immediate up/down of presets. (I have to hit the button on the H9 to engage the change.)

I use the H(‘s right switch for tap tempo, and the left as on/off. I have an analog expression pedal (Mission) and analog AUX switch which is wired to the PERFORMANCE function. (which is totally key).

And seriously.. I am like 4 guitarists in 1. It is unreal.

Ok, you have seriously sold me. Nooowwww, i have to find some money lol but when i eventually get this thing, I will probably be posting some really simple questions on how to set it up haha

Thank you for the help! 

camn
      Participant

Any time. 

Nick can send me a copper case for my referral bonus 🙂

c_drummond
        camn wrote:

Any time. 

Nick can send me a copper case for my referral bonus 🙂

Haha! If anyone is handing out H9’s, I’ll take one. 

camn
      Participant

I just want the case!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.