Bluetooth issues?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bluetooth issues?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hifi_envelope
      Participant

I have been considering an H9, but I have a question concerning the bluetooth functionality: if someone in the audience has the Eventide app on their iOS device, can they connect to your H9 and muck about with the parameters as you're performing? I am curious to know if there any security protocols built in to the bluetooth feature. Thank you. 

gkellum
      Participant

No, it wouldn't be possible for someone with the Eventide app to connect to your H9 and change the parameters while you're performing as long as you take some precautions. Only the registered owner is able to connect to and control an H9 with Eventide's app.  So, it's important to register it, because once it's registered it must be deregistered by its owner before it can be re-registered.  Also, if you yourself don't want to control the H9 via Bluetooth on stage, you can turn Bluetooth off altogether by pressing and holding the X, Y, and Z switches simultaneously.  

There are other additional security measures on top of that as well.  If you want me to go into the details, let me know, and I will.  I think that answers your question though…

hifi_envelope
      Participant

Yes, it does. Thanks for the quick reply. I foresee many of my pedals going on ebay soon after I pick up the H9. This will allow me to eliminate several pedals and simplify my set up.  Excited to own my first Eventide product! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.