Bluetooth OSX Catlalina iMac Late 2012

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bluetooth OSX Catlalina iMac Late 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ahopeinhell
      Participant

Hi,

I’m having problems connecting 2x H9 to my iMac.

One will connect fine, but the second will not. The error dialogue says the PIN code is not correct.

I’ve tried deleting the bluetooth preferences on the Mac, turning off bluetooth on the H9 devices, but I still get the same behaviour.

First H9 will connect, the second will not.

Connections from ios devices work fine. I have deleted the H9 pairings from all my ios devices now to make sure that they aren’t clashing with my iMac btw.

What can I try next? 

ahopeinhell
      Participant
      ahopeinhell wrote:

Hi,

I’m having problems connecting 2x H9 to my iMac.

One will connect fine, but the second will not. The error dialogue says the PIN code is not correct.

I’ve tried deleting the bluetooth preferences on the Mac, turning off bluetooth on the H9 devices, but I still get the same behaviour.

First H9 will connect, the second will not.

Connections from ios devices work fine. I have deleted the H9 pairings from all my ios devices now to make sure that they aren’t clashing with my iMac btw.

What can I try next? 

Just to add that I have replicated the behaviour on a 2014 Mac Book Pro, also running latest version of Catalina. First h9 connects fine, the second will not.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

It say the PIN code is not correct? Did you type the correct PIN for the second H9?

Is that second H9 always not working, or is it that if the second one works the first one won't work?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Does the same window pop up when you connect to your second H9 in the app?

We do know connection to multiple H9s is not as robust on Mac as on iOS devices. We’ve heard from our users that there are 2 workarounds. Also please put your H9s as close to your mac as possbile.

1. Trash the Bluetooth preferences and restart the Mac:

Go to /Library/Preferences/ and delete ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost

Upon restarting and opening the Bluetooth System Preferences, you will have to wait for the H9 to be recognized and then re-enter the PIN.

2. Hold down option-shift and click on the Bluetooth icon in the task bar. You'll now see a "Debug" sub menu. Click "Reset the Bluetooth Module" and then try connecting via the H9 control app.

If this doesn't help, you may need to consider using a USB cable to connect to the second H9.

ahopeinhell
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

It say the PIN code is not correct? Did you type the correct PIN for the second H9?

Is that second H9 always not working, or is it that if the second one works the first one won’t work?

I have tried connecting both of the H9s first, and both of them work when they are connected first. It is connecting a second H9 that fails.

I’ve double and triple checked that I’m entering the PIN correctly, and each of the two units connect either singly to the iMac or both together to an IOS device.

There is a little weirdness on the iMac connection screen, when you connect a second H9 device the PIN input screen seems to default to the PIN of the device that was connected previously. When you overtype the correct PIN, the display in the text entry box on the Mac looks like both numbers are present in the same box, almost as if you wrote the numbers over the top of each other on a piece of paper. Inside that box I’ve tried select all, backspace and carefully keying the correct pin for the device but it still gives the weird overwrite look and will still not connect.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      ahopeinhell wrote:

There is a little weirdness on the iMac connection screen, when you connect a second H9 device the PIN input screen seems to default to the PIN of the device that was connected previously. When you overtype the correct PIN, the display in the text entry box on the Mac looks like both numbers are present in the same box, almost as if you wrote the numbers over the top of each other on a piece of paper. Inside that box I've tried select all, backspace and carefully keying the correct pin for the device but it still gives the weird overwrite look and will still not connect.

This sounds strange. Did you connect to your H9s in the application on your Mac?

I do know some users have Bluetooth issues on Macs but I've never seen that overlapped PIN window. Could you take a screenshot of that connection window?

ahopeinhell
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

ahopeinhell wrote:

There is a little weirdness on the iMac connection screen, when you connect a second H9 device the PIN input screen seems to default to the PIN of the device that was connected previously. When you overtype the correct PIN, the display in the text entry box on the Mac looks like both numbers are present in the same box, almost as if you wrote the numbers over the top of each other on a piece of paper. Inside that box I’ve tried select all, backspace and carefully keying the correct pin for the device but it still gives the weird overwrite look and will still not connect.

This sounds strange. Did you connect to your H9s in the application on your Mac?

I do know some users have Bluetooth issues on Macs but I’ve never seen that overlapped PIN window. Could you take a screenshot of that connection window?

I was trying to connect the H9s from the bluetooth preferences screen in OSX. If that’s something you can do from within the Eventide desktop app I will try there instead.

Regarding screenshots, I can do that when I’m next in from of my music computer.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      ahopeinhell wrote:

I was trying to connect the H9s from the bluetooth preferences screen in OSX. If that's something you can do from within the Eventide desktop app I will try there instead.

Regarding screenshots, I can do that when I'm next in from of my music computer.

Yeah, please try that. You can connect to your H9 once you open H9 Control: "Manually select a device" -> "Connect via Bluetooth" -> choose an H9 and click "Browse"

After it connects, you can click "Devices" in the top menu bar and then click "Connect a device via Bluetooth" to connect to the second H9

ahopeinhell
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

ahopeinhell wrote:

I was trying to connect the H9s from the bluetooth preferences screen in OSX. If that’s something you can do from within the Eventide desktop app I will try there instead.

Regarding screenshots, I can do that when I’m next in from of my music computer.

Yeah, please try that. You can connect to your H9 once you open H9 Control: “Manually select a device” -> “Connect via Bluetooth” -> choose an H9 and click “Browse”

After it connects, you can click “Devices” in the top menu bar and then click “Connect a device via Bluetooth” to connect to the second H9

Hi, I tried following your instructions from within the H9 control app on the Mac. Same behaviour I’m afraid, the first one connects OK but the second one will not.

I’ve attached a screen shot of trying to connect via the osx bluetooth preferences screen with the funky overwrite thing going on:

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.