Bluetooth pairing an H9 with a couple of devices

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bluetooth pairing an H9 with a couple of devices

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Flabzilla

Hi All,

Say for example I pair an H9 with my PC to edit and save user presets. At some later time when I’m away from the PC and pair the H9 with my iPhone and do some more editing and saving. When I wander back home and reconnect the H9 with the PC, what happens in the event of the H9 now containing an edited user preset with the same name or number as one on the PC but different parameters?

I’ve ordered an H9 but haven’t taken delivery yet, so I’m having a bit of fun trying to understand how things like this work.

Thanks.

Flabzilla

I paired my H9 with iPhone, iPad and PC. Played around with saving a few presets and it seems that it is a similar scenario to using a flash drive to move files between computers, the H9 being like the flash drive; gets a bit messy. Maybe I should stick to just one device for editing but I can’t help trying things out.

One thought would be to have some sort of connection between say my PC and the presets saved on it and an account in the cloud. When a different device is paired with the H9 it could then access and/or sync with the presets in cyberspace and keep things a little tidier for neat freaks such as my self.

Worth the effort, or not?

gkellum
        Participant
        Flabzilla wrote:

Maybe I should stick to just one device for editing but I can't help trying things out.

We've had a couple of users come to that conclusion.  

Flabzilla wrote:

One thought would be to have some sort of connection between say my PC and the presets saved on it and an account in the cloud. When a different device is paired with the H9 it could then access and/or sync with the presets in cyberspace and keep things a little tidier for neat freaks such as my self.

Well, this is something we've wanted to do for a while.  It would be a lot of work to do it ourselves, but we've spent a bit of time looking into 3D party services like Dropbox.  And hopefully, we might be able to add that as a feature in a future release by integrating with a 3D party service like that.

Flabzilla

[/quote]

Well, this is something we’ve wanted to do for a while.  It would be a lot of work to do it ourselves, but we’ve spent a bit of time looking into 3D party services like Dropbox.  And hopefully, we might be able to add that as a feature in a future release by integrating with a 3D party service like that.

[/quote]

I imagine that setting up an integrated service like that wouldn’t be easy or cheap but if you do manage to put something together it’d be very useful. Having seen the wish list thread I don’t envy you having the task of working out what’s doable or not.

Love the H9 btw.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.