Boss FV 300L Expression Pedal with Factor Pedals?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Boss FV 300L Expression Pedal with Factor Pedals?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jcshirke
      Participant

Is anyone using the Boss FV 300L expression pedal with their Factor pedals? It's definitely not working for me so far.

I have plugged it in directly to my PitchFactor pedal, but I'm not seeing any results whatsoever. When I turn the min/max volume knob on my Boss pedal, the Eventide display does change, but the display shows something like "FB-b: [Numerical Value]" where "Numerical Value" seems to run between about 70 or so up to 100 as I turn the Boss volume knob. Bizarre.

Before I even attempt to trouble shoot further, I want to know if anyone has been using this particular pedal with their Factors. If I need to go buy the Ernie Ball pedal, I'd like to get that settled right now instead of wasting more of my time.

Thanks,

Jeff

jcshirke
      Participant

Follow up: At first I was using a stereo (TRS) cable to connect the Boss pedal to the PF. On a whim, I decided to try a mono cable. It worked. I don't think it worked optimally, but it worked. The sweep could be smoother from the minimum to maximum values. I set a min. value of 0 for Knob O, Mix, on the Crystals effect, and a max value of about 55. The transition from the minimum to maximum values was not very smooth and even when depressing the pedal. I will probably try the Ernie Ball, if I can find one at my local GC (yes…I'm that desperate).

My next step will be to do the same exact thing, but I do not want to connect my exp. pedal to the PF itself. Instead, I will be connecting it to my MIDI controller. I'm a little confused about what CC value I use, as well as how to assign that value to my controller, so I will probably be posting again with a whole other set of questions.

Thanks,

Jeff

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It sounds like it is behaving as it should. You would appear to have the unit configured so that the pedal drives feedback on voice B (FB-B). Depending on the effect, this is usually the bottom right knob, "yknob" or knob 7.  Turn this knob and you should get the same display. If you look under setup/MIDI/RCV CTL you should be able to confirm this hypothesis (read manual if necessary).

You may need to adjust the knob on the pedal to get the best control range.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.