Bowie Settings

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bowie Settings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BarneyBrown
      Participant

Absolutely devastated by the news of David Bowie’s death.

Eventide effects are evident on many of his legendary records.

To celebrate his contribution to music, lets share/discuss favourite settings for drums, vocals, guitars, anything…

Send2george2

I posted a let’s dance delay on the share thread. Love you guys to tinker and make it better. Sorry can’t seem to find it just now. Will try and get it and add later.

I use a standard room setting to for a cover of Breaking Glass. With some fuzz.

brock
      Participant

Yeah, that one really caught me off-guard this morning.

This is a slightly toned-down version of what I’d posted on an earlier thread (pre-H9 Control image capture capability : https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/19627#comment-19627 ).  DELAY A + B times are mapped to the expression pedal from 15 mS to 112 mS.  Originally for drums, but it can work on most instruments with a subtle MIX.  I hear the occasional ‘riding the fader’ on the FEEDBACK.  I like to follow this kind of preset with a gate [DynaVerb OmniPressor mode] for chopping off the tails.

I’ve read where Visconti used an envelope follower to shape the pitch shifts with performance dynamics.  I believe that was part of the rare HK940 keyboard accessory?  At any rate, it’s not available in the stompbox version of the H910 H949 algorithm.  You can add that under MIDI control, or fake the modulation with an expression pedal.  Pitch A + B both mapped from 1.000 to 0.750 here.

brock
      Participant

Come to think of it, you can pull off the iconic descending vocal line from “Fame”.  With the luxury of a spare hand, there’s more control using a MIDI keyboard (through an event processor) to convert actual notes to the corresponding pitch shifts.

But you can also use a MIDI pedalboard / controller that transmits MIDI CC messages by footswitch, or by sequencing.  Or by sending discrete values to the expression pedal / CV input.  The ‘readable’ image is too large for a forum post, so here’s a ‘thumbnail’ with a link to the CC process.  Shifting via MIDI Notes requires a bit more hardware and programming.

Higher Resolution:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mdyyuljav8hqpv/PitchFactor%20H910-H949%20Remote%20-%20MIDI%20CC%20Values.jpg?raw=1 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.