BT connection issues 2nd h9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes BT connection issues 2nd h9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Send2george2

Hi all

So my second H9 arrived and duly required update to the latest firmware and registered. After a bit of an arm wrestle with Bluetooth, powering off/ on, resetting etc I eventually got the firmware downloaded and the H9 registered on my account. So far so good.
      I can’t however get two H9’s to stay connected in H9 Control on my iPad Air. It’s running iOS 12.1.

I can however get two my h9’s connected on h9 control on my iPhone 6 (iOS 12.1).

I have tried power cycling both h9’s and the iPad Air. I’ve tried switching off BT and back on, I’ve tried going into airplane mode and back out.

On the iPad Air, one h9 can connect and work normally but when I come out of h9 control and open up general->settings->Bluetooth and selecting the second h9 it says connected for about 5-10 seconds then goes into “not connected” on the iPad.

Any ideas ? I know BLuetooth can be flaky at initial connection do I just persevere and hope it sorts itself out eventually?

Btw I recommend a second h9!!! Marvellous so far in terms of sounds and effects.

Send2george2

Soooo after a fair few attempts I noticed that the second h9 (it mattered not whether it was my original h9 or my new h9) would hold connection for 5 seconds, then a bit longer, and so on.

Eventually it appeared to stamilise and stay connected. Thereafter I could open h9 control and switch between h9’s as it’s meant to.

I’ll test tomorrow but I’ve noticed the initial Bluetooth connection has stabilised then it’s usually fairly robust. If any issues I’ll add to this thread tomorrow in case it helps others with similar issues.

Send2george2

Sadly still having issues. Can’t seem to easily get both h9’s on h9 control with my iPad Air. Anyone got any ideas?

Send2george2

Can’t solve this at all. Tried wiping the iPad, even deleted h9 control but I’m still having no luck getting two h9’s to connect to h9 control. Same symptoms as before.

1) first h9 connects to Bluetooth and h9 control with no issues.
      2) press iPad home button, select settings on iPad, Bluetooth, click second h9
      3) shows as connected on the iPad for a short time, perhaps 10 seconds then shows disconnected.

It looks to all intents and purposes like the h9 control app doesn’t detect the second h9. I say this because with the first h9 connected the pop up appears that asks if H9 control is allowed to connect. The second h9 never gets the pop up….

No idea what else to try 🙁

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        send2george2 wrote:
        It looks to all intents and purposes like the h9 control app doesn’t detect the second h9. I say this because with the first h9 connected the pop up appears that asks if H9 control is allowed to connect. The second h9 never gets the pop up…No idea what else to try 🙁

What if you ignore the first popup, after connecting two H9s in the Bluetooth setting page then open H9 Control?

Send2george2
        bohan wrote:
        send2george2 wrote:
        It looks to all intents and purposes like the h9 control app doesn’t detect the second h9. I say this because with the first h9 connected the pop up appears that asks if H9 control is allowed to connect. The second h9 never gets the pop up…No idea what else to try 🙁

What if you ignore the first popup, after connecting two H9s in the Bluetooth setting page then open H9 Control?

No sadly it makes no difference. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

H9 control 3.5.0
        H9 one at 5.4.1 one at 5.4.2
        iOS 12.1
        iPad model md795B/A

Send2george2

So I somehow have managed to get two h9’s to connect to my iPad as above.

As an aside and without wanting to throw in a red herring I couldn’t get my second h9 to upgrade from 5.4.1 to to the latest version that allows hawt sauce. I kept getting the “connection error!” Pop up. This was with either my iPad or iPhone. I now have successfully managed my upgrade however via a Mac Air.

So back to the two h9 connection issues to h9 control.

What I’ve noticed is that for the second h9 to successfully connect, the H9 control pop up needs to appear.

If whatever file or signal is not exchanged between the h9 and h9 control before the h9 Times out the pop up “h9 control wants to connect” appears then there’s no successful connection.

Not sure what that time out period or “attempts” value is set at but if that criteria is not met the bt connection to the h9 is abandoned.

I will keep trying but for me with my build as above it is too unreliable to use in a reheasal or live situation. Hope others have the issue and there’s an eventual fix fix… either that or my iPad has somehow a weak or faulty Bluetooth circuit.

Any support guys looking in?

gkellum
        Participant
        Send2george2 wrote:

I will keep trying but for me with my build as above it is too unreliable to use in a reheasal or live situation. Hope others have the issue and there’s an eventual fix fix… either that or my iPad has somehow a weak or faulty Bluetooth circuit. Any support guys looking in?

A number of users have had trouble connecting to two H9s from iPad Airs.  There is a long thread about this issue already:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/bluetooth-issue-2-h9s-simultaneously

The Bluetooth connection to a device is managed entirely by iOS.  We had filed a bug report with Apple about the issue and submitted Bluetooth logs to them in the hopes that they would be able to figure out the problem and fix it, but this problem has gone unaddressed by Apple for a few years at this point.

If you would like to capture a Bluetooth diagnostic log on your iPad Air, we would be happy to submit it to Apple, but at this point I am wondering if there might not actually be a hardware flaw in the iPad Air's Bluetooth chips that causes this problem.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.