Bug: H9 Control crashes when using certain preset names

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bug: H9 Control crashes when using certain preset names

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bodde
      Participant

Each time I tried to save my H9 Control crashes (Mac version). I couldn't figure out what it was.Tried everything and nothing helped.  But today I discovered that it was because of the name you use to save your preset. I tried to save it under the name "Dotted 1/4". But that doesn't work. All other names work. Apparently the H9 cannot save the "/" sign and therefore crashes.

Anyone noticed this before? and are there more signs that the H9 cannot save?

gkellum
      Participant

Thanks for letting us know. Each preset is just saved as a file on the file system. So, any characters reserved for special use by the file system like '/' aren't going to work.

Bodde
      Participant

ok, thanks. Any other characters that can not be used?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, I was just looking into it. Apparently on Mac you can't use ":" or "/" and on Windows if the file system is formatted as NFTS which I believe most are nowadays you can't use: / ? < > : * | " .

So, in the next release of H9 Control, there will be some restrictions in the new preset and preset list dialogs that won't let you enter those characters..

brock
      Participant

gkellum:

Well, I was just looking into it. Apparently on Mac you can't use ":" or "/" and on Windows if the file system is formatted as NFTS which I believe most are nowadays you can't use: / ? < > : * | " .

So, in the next release of H9 Control, there will be some restrictions in the new preset and preset list dialogs that won't let you enter those characters..

I thought that H9 Control would crash with a preset name of more than 16 characters.  (Not possible dialing in the Stompbox itself).  But it must have been a version earlier than 1.6.2, or an illegal character in the preset title.

One thing that I have noticed in 1.6.2:  The Repeat function loses sync between the H9 and H9 Control.  That is, if I have Repeat latched (in one of the TimeFactor algos), then "page" to my PitchFactor, Repeat is Off when I page back.  Visually, H9 Control is indicating Repeat = Off.  The H9 itself will display REP ON (and audibly verify).

Clicking again in H9 Control reverses the scenario (still out-of-sync).  This vice-versa behavior continues until another preset is loaded.  Windows 8.1, and all actions within H9 Control itself.  I haven't checked yet for that same kind of quirk using an aux switch or MIDI.

gkellum
      Participant

brock:

One thing that I have noticed in 1.6.2:  The Repeat function loses sync between the H9 and H9 Control.  That is, if I have Repeat latched (in one of the TimeFactor algos), then "page" to my PitchFactor, Repeat is Off when I page back.  Visually, H9 Control is indicating Repeat = Off.  The H9 itself will display REP ON (and audibly verify).

Yeah, it's been possible for the performance switch to get out of sync since H9 Control was released. I'll have to take another look at the problem, but we're getting close to a release now and that will have to wait until after the current pending release…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.