Bug in the H9 control app?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bug in the H9 control app?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      rosensta
      Participant

I recently downloaded the H9 control app and I am using it in demo mode. I cannot seem to move the "endpoints" of the parameters I want to change in real time.  I can move my finger along the scribble strip and watch the factory-setup params animate, but I cannot set that animation (nor affect it at all really). I am thinking that this bug might only manifest in demo mode? On the native BlackHole plugin, I have no problem selecting and then moving the end points of my animated params.  On the H9 control app I can select the end points but not move them.  Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,

mike

gkellum
      Participant

The expression pedal mappings work a little bit differently in H9 Control than in Blackhole.  You can't touch and drag the expression pedal range endpoints with your fingers in H9 Control.  We intentionally disabled this because it was too hard to hit them with your finger;  in Blackhole where you use a mouse it was easier.  You can use the two buttons on either side of the ribbon cable to put the parameters in "add to mapping" mode and moving a parameter adds it to the mapping.  Touching the ribbon cable or the buttons again takes it out of "add to mapping" mode.  You can remove a mapping by double clicking a parameter and selecting the remove from mapping option.

rosensta
      Participant

I must be doing some part of this Incorrectly, as I cannot get this to work. Am I to press one of the buttons On the sides of the ribbon strip, and hold it down and then modify a parameter?  Or should I just tap one of the buttons on the side of the ribbon strip? And once I do that what am I supposed to do next to map the parameter?  I'm sorry to be so dense about this!

mike

rosensta
      Participant

This does not seem to work in the "Phaser" algorithm, but it works fine in many of the other algos…

rosensta
      Participant

So the two that don't allow this to work are the Phaser and PitchFlex.  I'm guessing that with the PitchFlex that's intentional but with the Phaser algo it's a bug?

gkellum
      Participant

Here's a video showing how this functionality is intended to work:

This should work with the phaser algorithm as well, but in the phaser algorithm (and in others as well) some parameters have greyed out light rings to indicate that they cannot be mapped to the expression pedal.  This can be for a variety of reasons, but most commonly if a preset is set up to use the expression pedal as a modulation source, it cannot also be used to change the parameters.

rosensta
      Participant

I see the grayed out rings on certain parameters of the Phaser algorithm.  However the reason I think you have a bug is that in the Phaser algorithm, you cannot get either of the two buttons on the sides of the ribbon strip to illuminate at all.  It could be an iPad issue–I'm using an iPad 3–but I tend to think it a bug. 

Are YOU able to get either button to stay illuminated in the phaser algorithm? If they don't stay illuminated, you cannot map the Params after all.  

gkellum
      Participant

They work fine for me which I tested using the latest build of H9 Control on an iPad 4.  I just pressed one of the buttons momentarily as it showed in the video, the button lit up and I was able to add parameters to the expression pedal mapping.  I'm not sure what you're seeing.  If you want to make a video with your phone or whatnot, I'll check it out…  I can't think of any reason why that would happen just on the phaser algorithm…

rosensta
      Participant

Here's a YouTube video illustrating the bug:

http://youtu.be/l6Qmr8OQNgU

gkellum
      Participant

Cool, thanks for uploading that.  In the particular preset that you were using the light ring of all of the parameters were greyed out, indicating that none of the parameters can be assigned to the expression pedal.  That's true in the factory presets "Phaser Wah" and in "Stopped Phase" because the Shape parameter is using the expression pedal as a modulation source.  I didn't realize that when none of the parameters were assignable you couldn't even go into assignment mode, but it does make sense that it would do that although it might be a bit confusing for users who don't understand why the light rings are greyed out in the first place.  If you try any of the other presets for Phaser where all the light rings aren't greyed out, the assignment functionality does work.

rosensta
      Participant

Excellent! Glad we could work through this.  Now there's nothing standing between me and upgrading my pitch factors and space pedals to H9's….

awesome.  Thanks again. 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.