Bypass problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bypass problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      grozeil

I've both Modfactor and Timefactor, but encountered this problem only with my TF, for 5-6 days. When I play a preset (the TF is between the instrument and the amp, not in the amp loop), everything is alright, but when I disengage the preset, it cuts the sound : no signal goes off from the TF. I checked out the bypass settings, and I've this issue whatever the bypass is DSP, relay, or the third one. Has anyone encountered this problem?

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

Is "Killdry" enabled? You can check in System Mode in the Bypass submenu.

grozeil

Thanks for your input. I solved the issue, but don't understand "how" or "why" :-/
      Here's my set-up :

my instrument (the Chapman Stick) has stereo outputs, going to a stereo preamp. Then :
      – the preamp output A goes directly to the input 1 of the TF
      – preamp output B goes through the Modfactor in mono (input 1). Then, the output of the MF goes to the input 2 of the TF.

Here's the trick : I thought I could have only one jack out from the TF to go to the amp : I thought the TF could sum both inputs and then outputs the mix of both inputs. In fact, no : I have to plug two jacks out from the TF and then go to the amp. Pretty bad news! When I plugged only one jack out from the TF (on the mono out) to the amp, here's what I described earlier : when the preset of the TF is active, it's OK. When I disengage the preset, nothing goes from the TF, except the signal coming from preamp output A.

Who have an explanation for a newbie like me? Is there an issue with my TF? Can this problem be solved in a future update?

achaput

Hi Grozeil,

Because Eventide Stompboxes are true stereo devices, they are designed to keep Input 1 and Input 2 discreet. They currently will not sum two inputs to one output (although they will spread one input across two outputs.)

To do what you are describing you would need a y-cable that feeds two 1/4 inch jacks into one 1/4 inch jack, something that looks like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103842

grozeil

Thanks Alan, I've to buy one of these cables 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.