Bypassing by CC- works but doesn’t bypass in patch change

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Bypassing by CC- works but doesn’t bypass in patch change

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      J.Paul
      Participant

Hi Folks,

I've recently taken my Time Factor off my pedalboard and have mounted it in my rack and am controlling it (and a G-Major) with a Voodoolab Ground Control. There are some presets I need to bypass which I am doing by CC. The problem I am having is that when I go from preset 1(wet) to 2 (bypassed /dry) on my Ground Control the Time Factor is still engaged until I step on the CC button.

(the Time Factor is always in-line and is not in a GCX loop)

Does anyone have a resolution for this?

thanks

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi,

How about having a "blank" preset on the TimeFactor that does not pass any Wet signal.

So for all banks on the GCP you do not want the TimeFactor, you just call up the blank preset.

I used to use a TimeFactor in a rack with a GCP, but I used to just kill the FXLoop with midi on the modeller I am using…. Is that an option?

J.Paul
      Participant

badmelonfarmer:

Hi,

How about having a "blank" preset on the TimeFactor that does not pass any Wet signal.

So for all banks on the GCP you do not want the TimeFactor, you just call up the blank preset.

I used to use a TimeFactor in a rack with a GCP, but I used to just kill the FXLoop with midi on the modeller I am using…. Is that an option?

good suggestions, thank you

~Yes I have considered using a blank program as a last resort

~ I would still like the option to pull it in and out of a GCP preset/ patch but by using a blank Time Factor patch it's just a buffer and no effect is present

~The "kill FX loop" is the best way to do it but is not an option. I THINK that method needs a mixer which I am not using right now (If I understand what you're saying).

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Not sure it will work with your set up, sorry don't know the G-Major unit.

But I placed the TimeFactor in the FXLoop of the modellers I have used… I then ran the TimeFactor in KillDry mode, which only passes the wet signal…. You then mix in the amount of wet dry on the modeller / FX unit.

If I had a preset that I did not want the TimeFactor on for, I just did not enable the FXLoop for that preset.

In fact this is still the way I run my Eclipse and Space now.

But this depends if the G-major had an effects loop that works that way??

Cheers

Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hmm, does not look like the G-Major had an FXLoop…. At least from the grainy picture I just looked at… So that is not an option…. Sorry.

I know that the GCP can not send Midi cc's from PC switches, and vice versa.

I have seen midi devices, little boxes, that can listen for a specific MIDI command and then translate that on as a different command, not used them myself and I have read they can be difficult to program but once you have programmed it I doubt you would need to change it that often….. Let me see if I can find it…. As I say no affiliation or recommendations given

J.Paul
      Participant

badmelonfarmer:

Not sure it will work with your set up, sorry don't know the G-Major unit.

But I placed the TimeFactor in the FXLoop of the modellers I have used… I then ran the TimeFactor in KillDry mode, which only passes the wet signal…. You then mix in the amount of wet dry on the modeller / FX unit.

If I had a preset that I did not want the TimeFactor on for, I just did not enable the FXLoop for that preset.

In fact this is still the way I run my Eclipse and Space now.

But this depends if the G-major had an effects loop that works that way??

I'm using multiple preamps :

guitar ~~>pedal effects~~>preamp~~>gmajor~~>time factor~~> power amp

preamp

preamp

….is kind of what the signal chain looks like so I'm not running an FX loop through a single pre or modeller. The gmajor is an effects unit that (essentially ) does what the Time Factor does (although it's not as clean IMO). I'm actually having the same result w/ the GMajor which makes me think that the issue is with the GCP

Cheers

Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

This is the box of tricks I was on about…..

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm#

As I said though, not used one myself, but it looks like it will map PC's to CC's.

Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Ok with you.

It does sound like a function of the Midi Controller, I don't have the GCP any more to check.

Thinking about it I seem to remember something along the lines of getting the GCP to remember the "Status" of instant access switches when you save the bank preset, but can't remember if that is just the lights, or it actually transmits the relevant CC's at the same time.

Might be worth asking over at the voodoo forum, they were pretty good at answering the questions I had…. But it has been a year since I swapped controllers.

But "Status" was definitely the phrase I remember.

Edit: no, that only saves the status of the LED so you can visually see if say delay is on or off as part of the patch, it does not sent the CC

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.