C_CURVE help and why does it not work like I’d expect?

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development C_CURVE help and why does it not work like I’d expect?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      patchen
      Participant

Hi There,

I’m hoping someone can help with this one.  I’ve struggled for a while trying to get the various curve modules to work for me and I’ve currently hit the wall with the control signal ‘c_curve’ version.  

This is the way that I would expect it to work;  If I have control signal spanning from -1 to 1 and If I created the below 5 points the output should equal the input, but it does not.

point1 = -1

point2 = -.5

point3 = 0

point4 = .5

point5 = 1

From the documentation it seems that the points should be evenly distributed from the specified -1 to 1 range, starting at -1 and ending at 1, so I would think this should work but instead it results in a rather confusing output.  

I’d be mighty grateful if someone could shed some light on this!

patchen
      Participant

Ok, so it seems that there is a ‘quirk’ with this module.  The map arrives at the last point before the input reaches 1.  The less points you have specified the worse the problem becomes. With 32 points specified the last point is arrived at with an input of .938,  however if you only have 4 points specified that last point is arrived at with an input value of only .5!!  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.