“Calibration Freeze” option For Expression Pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes “Calibration Freeze” option For Expression Pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      bodhijames

Hi,

Is the Calibration Freeze option something that is still be considered for the next software update?

I am using a Mission Engineering Expressionator and EP-1 Exp Pedal to control a Stereo Wet pedal, Strymon Timeline, and a Pitchfactor. The Expressionator allows me to switch between controlling parameters for each of the three pedals. The Wet and the Timeline work great. Due to the Pitchfactor Auto Calibration. every time I cycle to it, it's hit or miss as whether or not it is still set at 0-100 calibration. It's to the point that it isn't even usable

It would be nice for Eventide to step up to the plate and get this issue fixed with the additional Calibration Freeze" option, once it is set, it stays at 0-100.

If you haven't checked out the Expressionator, I think it would be a killer setup for three factor pedals at a time. Once there was a fix for the auto-calibration.

Thanks!

Craig

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

A good thought – I put it on the list. But, no promises ..

bodhijames

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the response and honestly, I was hoping for more than a "Good idea, but no promises".

Sorry, but it's a little frustrating when pedals from other manufactures do not have this issue and work flawlessly.

Adding to my frustration is the fact that the Pitchfactor carries a price tag of $500.00. Not cheap. I have read other posts from Factor pedal users with various expression pedals having the same calibration problem. So I don't think I am out of line by asking for Eventide to "step up to the plate" and to get this issue resolved so users like myself can take full advantage of the product.

Thanks!

Craig

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – that's all I can say at this point. Our development teams have many calls on their time.

But, how would you want this to work ? One option would be to have a SYSTEM mode command to make it autocalibrate, and out of system mode it would be fixed.

This is much the way our other products work, but means you have to explicitly calibrate every time you plug in a different pedal. We, maybe wrongly, thought it would be better if it took care of it automatically. It's nothing to do with what the pedal costs, just a design decision.

bodhijames

Hey Rick,

i do apologize for my frustration and I really do appreciate you opening a dialogue with me in hopes of getting this resolved.

"One option would be to have a SYSTEM mode command to make it auto-calibrate, and out of system mode it would be fixed."

This seems like a great idea, kind of best of both worlds. Having a "fixed" option once the pedal was calibrated would definitely do the trick.

I'll check back to see if/how things are progressing.

Craig

parsky1

+1 to this feature

caveman
      Participant

I vote yes to a calibration freeze too. The auto calibrate is much more of a hindrance than a help to me.  Of course as soon as you do that, all the newbies will be like "my expression pedal doesn't work".. lol.  You can't win 'em all…

bodhijames

I am hoping that this is still an option being considered for the next SW update. 

An easy fix to avoid issues with current users is to have the Expression pedal setting in the system menu default to Auto Calibrate. So after the update, it runs as it always has. 

But for users like us, we could go into the System menu and change the setting to Manual calibration. Seems like the best of both worlds.

Please make it happen Eventide…

Thanks!!!!

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that the next round of Factor software updates may be a bit of time. Even as an intern I have my hands tied up at the moment on a number of things, and I can assure you that the full-time engineering team is much busier than I am. I'm sure this will be considered for the next sw update.

entreat69
      Participant

+1 for the request. I seem to be experience strange anomalies with my Pitch Factor recognizing the heel and toe settings on my Boss EV5. Not sure if it's the auto calibration issue or PF just doesn't register my heel and toe knob changes and yes i tried saving the preset. Any help appreciated. Thanks.  

bodhijames

Still hoping for this feature.

Eventide….?

ddchislop

Yes, Can we get this feature eventide? Expression has to be actuate in order to use properly. 

When is the next update released?

gkellum
      Participant

We should be releasing beta updates for two of the Factor pedals soon after the holidays.  I don't know if this particular feature is going to be in that release or not.  The main purpose of the coming release is going to be updating the Factor pedals to the newer codebase used by the H9 and making them compatible with H9 Control.  That alone has proven to be very time consuming.

awonaut

Please please please!

update with the calibration freeze option!  you don't know how many work-arounds I've done to make my exp pedal work properly with my pitchfactor (I had to put a Midi Solutions Pedal Controller in between my exp pedal and pfactor, and it still only works 90% of the time)

We really need this! It's the biggest problem with the pfactor, even my old whammy pedal has a freeze function, why not pfactor?

thanks

gkellum
      Participant

This function is in the latest PitchFactor beta release, no? If you go into system settings and then to Utility, there's a property called PDLCAL which stands for pedal calibration, which you can turn on or off.  What you're going to want to do is turn it on, move your expression pedal from heel to toe until your happy with the calibration, and then turn it off to lock out further changes.  If you're using the PitchFactor with H9 Control, you should also see and be able to set that property from H9 Control by going to the Pedal Settings screen and going into General Settings.

awonaut

Where do I find that beta release you are talking about? the only one that I see on eventide support page is 3.5.0[4] released on 3/30/2012, which I believe is the same one I've been using since it's release.

Is there a newer one that is not listed on the website?

Thanks

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Here you go:-

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9140.aspx

This explains how you can install the beta

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.