Can Crush Station Be Used In An FX Loop?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can Crush Station Be Used In An FX Loop?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      amcolan

right now im running my H9’s in the FX Loop because of the increased Hiss im getting in front of the amp.  Is there a way to get a decent sound out of crush station while its in the FX Loop?  i know overdrives typically should be in front of the amp.  When i have it running post the volume of the drive drops significantly.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff
      amcolan wrote:

right now im running my H9's in the FX Loop because of the increased Hiss im getting in front of the amp.  Is there a way to get a decent sound out of crush station while its in the FX Loop?  i know overdrives typically should be in front of the amp.  When i have it running post the volume of the drive drops significantly.

Usually, I wouldn't recommend running distortion in a loop because you lose character of the pedal's gain, and the tone and filtering effects of the distortion become much more subtle.  Distortion does a fair amount dynamic compression, and so does your amp.  But if you end up liking the sound, who's to argue, it's all subjective really.  

But… this is exactly the situation we designed the newer Pre/Post routing mode feature for.  You can have one pedal hooked up both in front of and in the loop of an amp, and switch it's position on preset by preset basis.  This way you can have distortions up front and time-based effects in the loop.  Have you tried using Pre/Post routing as a solution? 

Alos, Re: Hiss, have you tried the turning on the Gate that is in CrushStation? 

robgraziano
      Participant

I have a similar situation. I have two H9’s and would like to run 1 in loop always and one in pre/post mode. How would I wire this? Just run Pre/Post unit as diagramed and then on Out 2 from that unit to the Loop H9 input 1 and output 1 to effects return?

maxpowersr

FWIW I have the H9 in the Fx loop of my amp. I only use 1 Crushstation patch (currently). The patch is meant to sound like Neil Young (I.E. Hey Hey My My tone). I think it sounds great. Generally, I would run distortion/compression/gain in front of the amp but this one works well in the loop.

When I first got the H9 (before the pre/post routing option) I was worried that certain effects (like pitch) wouldn’t work well in the loop since they are after distortion. It works amazingly well for me there so that it where I keep it. Even though we now have pre/post routing, I am not using it. 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.