Can H9 control Timeline ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can H9 control Timeline ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thomas.jaw

Is it possible that H9 will control Timeline? At the moment, H9 sends the tempo to Timeline, but I also want to change my presets, for example … if I change the preset in H9 to no. 5, I want Timeline to change to pr. no 5. How to do it if possible? I note that I know very little about midi. Thanks

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Thomas.jaw wrote:

Is it possible that H9 will control Timeline? At the moment, H9 sends the tempo to Timeline, but I also want to change my presets, for example … if I change the preset in H9 to no. 5, I want Timeline to change to pr. no 5. How to do it if possible? I note that I know very little about midi. Thanks

Yes, you can just turn on H9's Program Change Transmit in its MIDI setting. The user manual clearly describes how you can set that.

Thomas.jaw
      Some part is already working 🙂 It means that H9 changes pr to Timeline but …. no matter if I go up or down on H9, everything goes up on Timeline

Thomas.jaw

Like i wrote….I have read the instructions but do not understand any of it 🙁   Can you help me step by step ? Is there anything I need to set up in Timeline?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Thomas.jaw wrote:

Like i wrote….I have read the instructions but do not understand any of it 🙁   Can you help me step by step ? Is there anything I need to set up in Timeline?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Product+Manuals/H9-UserGuide.pdf

On page 40, you'll need to turn on this setting:

[PGM.XMT] – MIDI Program Change Transmit Enable (ON, OFF) Press the HOTKNOB button to select. Turn the Knob to set MIDI Program Change transmit ON or OFF. If ON, a MIDI Program change message is transmitted whenever a Footswitch is pressed for Preset load. 

Timeline should receive MIDI PC messages by default so I guess it will just work. If not, you may need to ask Strymon or turn on its MIDI PC receive or something.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Thomas.jaw wrote:

Some part is already working 🙂 It means that H9 changes pr to Timeline but …. no matter if I go up or down on H9, everything goes up on Timeline

Sounds like Timeline's MIDI PC mapping is not set up correctly.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.