Can H90 hardware do USB interface

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can H90 hardware do USB interface

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      dannysomerville
      Participant

I see a lot of people really interested in pairing the H90 with Tonex pedal and/or UAD Dream, Ruby, Woodrow (or others). I’ve done just that with Tonex and it’s the most flexible rig I’ve ever used. With the H90 having a loop and the amps sims likely to be placed there, is the hardware capable of acting as a USB interface? It would be amazing to avoid the extra A/D conversion, latency, and cables of going into an interface vs coming off the H90 directly via USB.

my board

292EAFD6-F252-4EE9-8475-D72041309A7E

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

…Is the hardware capable of acting as a USB interface?

Nice Board! The answer to the your questions is no. The USB cannot be used in this manner.

I also have a ToneX on my board. I set the H90 to Dual Routing Mode and connect Path 1 to the front of the ToneX in mono. Then, I take the outputs of the Tonex in stereo and connect it to Path 2 of the H90. Fantastic results. Never been concerned with latency.

DU
      Participant

my H90 usb c connection with a brand new mac boock pro do not work…

dannysomerville
      Participant

Interesting. Care to elaborate on your choice of dual routing? I thought I had mine setup the most efficient way but maybe I’m mistaken. What advantages does that give over insert? My routing is below

Guitar -> Drive 1 -> Drive 2 -> Input of H90
      H90 Loop -> Tonex Pedal
      H90 Stereo Output -> Boss RC-10R -> Walrus Canvas Stereo
      Morningstar MC6 Pro controlling H90, Tonex, RC-10R

With the above setup I can either use it as an ampless rig with Tonex amps and take XLR’s from the Canvas to FOH, Monitors, or an Interface. I can also take from the TS, sum to mono, and go into a power amp with the Cab Sim Turned off in the Tonex. Conversely, I can make presets in the H90 without the Tonex Insert and run it into the front of a tube amp (also summed to mono), do a wet/dry rig taking from each of the TS, etc. Originally I had to 2 drive pedals in the loop with the Tonex but moved them to the H90 input. One, so if I go into the front of a tube amp without Tonex I dont have the additional latency of running through the Tonex with it bypassed and two, I can put H90 effects between the pedals and the Tonex amps i.e. maybe a Flanger or something I want before the Tonex Amp in some instances.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Care to elaborate on your choice of dual routing? I thought I had mine setup the most efficient way but maybe I’m mistaken. What advantages does that give over insert?

I chose Dual Routing Mode for the simplicity of setting up a PRE/POST rig. I commend you on figuring out PRE/POST with Insert Routing mode. It’s actually my preferred signal flow with a mono amp; however, troubleshooting becomes bit more difficult considering any one cable goes bad and the entire signal chain is broken, highly unlikely in a properly wired board.

dannysomerville
        Participant

Haha okay. I thought I was missing out on some Eventide staff secret. Thanks for the info. Loving the H90 by the way. Probably the best piece of gear I’ve bought in a decade.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.