Can I make the time factor get that sweeping effect when adjusting the delay rate?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can I make the time factor get that sweeping effect when adjusting the delay rate?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I'm trying to get an effect that I've used with another delay pedal. I turn the feedback up and adjust the delay rate while playing in a range of about 200ms down to 0ms. On my other pedal this gives me a sweeping effect and at 0ms the delays squish together ontop of eachother creating a high pitch scream on top of  a very low hum. 

I wanted to use the Time Factor for this because I can adjust the rate with an expression pedal, which I can't do with the other pedal. But when I set it up for this rather than getting a sweep when I change the rate, the old delay just fades and a new delay is created with a faster rate.

Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?

I made a little video demonstrating what I'm talking about here. So check it out and let me know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJLwW3DRoxE

Thanks a lot

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

The Digital Delay doesn't do runaway oscillations. Either Vintage Delay or Tape Delay will do the trick. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Tried the Vintage and tape delay. They did get closer to what I was looking for. But they still seem to have a weird phaser effect in the feedback instead of being that crisp ring I'm looking for. Also the vintage delay seemed to have a lag on it. When I moved the expression pedal to adjust the rate it would sweep after I shifted the pedal and not while I was shifting it. 

Thanks for your reply, if this is the case I will probably have to return this pedal 🙁

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

Don't necessarily return your TimeFactor just yet – I don't have one at my desk at the moment, but when I get home tonight I'll take a crack at getting the sounds in your video. I may not be able to get them exactly, but with a bit of knob twiddling I might be able to get you close. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Great, Thank you so much for your help

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

I've been sitting down with a TimeFactor for a bit. While the TimeFactor does have many sounds, you are correct in that it won't do the sounds you've posted in the video. There are a lot of other pedals out there that will, though, and a decent number also have expression pedal inputs. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.