Can I run two mics somehow through Eventide Mixing Link for reamping/switching before guitar pedals?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can I run two mics somehow through Eventide Mixing Link for reamping/switching before guitar pedals?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      gmitch

Hi there Eventide,

I wanted to ask about the capabilities of your Eventide Mixing Link pedal.

I want something that can act as a pre-amp for two mics (dynamic and condenser) so that I can use vox and sax through my guitar pedals.

I also want to use it as a switch unit so that I can switch which mic is running through them at any one time (and then I can manually also turn the pedals on and off).

Could the Mixing Link do this? I’m still learning about different kinds of cables. I can see that it it takes one mic input and one instrument one- could I use a mic to instrument cable jack through the instrument in to accomodate the other mic? I don’t know enough yet about levels and how it rebalances to know if this would work.

I’m pretty new to all this, so your feedback is welcome!

Thanks,

G

Grace

JWaltz
      Participant

Hi Grace,

I am afraid MixingLink can only support a single Mic while using the FX Loop. The Inst in uses the same gain setting/preamp as the Mic input.

There is a kludge where you could use the ‘From FX’ input (FX Return) as a second mic input, then bring the FX Loop return back in using the Aux In. This may require adding gain on the mic that is used on the ‘From FX’ input.

thanks, JWaltz@eventide.com

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.