Can someone help with an envelope tremolo or rotary?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can someone help with an envelope tremolo or rotary?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      rjclark

Hey forum.  I used to use a Line6 MM4 and it had a feature where the the speed of the tremolo was based on the attack.  So when you would strum a chord, the tremolo would be very fast and then slow as the attack decayed.  I can't seem to find the magic values on my ModFactor.  I refuse to believe this think can't do it since already has everything it needs to do so, but…?

Thanks in advance for any help!

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi rjclark, you should be able to to do this by:

1. setting the SPEED knob of the tremolo (or rotary) to your desired slow speed. 

2. Set the ModSource knob to Envelop or ADS

3. Turn the Rate knob (should be for sensitivity now) all the way up to 99

4. Strum a chord and set the SMOD to achieve your desired fast speed.

5.  Reduce the Rate (Sensitivity) to get your desired slow/fast sweep time. 

Does this help?

rjclark

YES!  This is exactly what I'm looking for.  And this just opened up my eyes to how these lower row of knobs behave.  Thank you!

BTW, where in the UM does it specify that actual difference between Envelope and ADSR?  Do they act different?  If so, in what way?  I can't seem to find anything in the UM.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

You're Welcome!

Yeah, the lower row of knobs is something more familiar to synth and keyboard guys, basically amplitude and frequency modulation.  DMOD  being amplitdue, SMOD being frequency.  But this row does allow for all the cool complex patterns that MF can do.  You can use it to build up cool rhythms in SQUARE wave chopping tremolos for example.

Also, ENVELOP and ADSR do act a little differently.  The envelope is a peak-follower, so it just follows a smoothed version of your input dymanics curve.  The ADSR is a pre-programmed attack-decay-sustain-release envelope that is triggered by your input sound.  

Bakoimi
      Participant

How i make negative  modulation in Dmod or Smod?

Higher dynamic – little modulation depth or low speed

Lower dynamic – higher modulation depth or higher speed

It's possible?

Thanx : Bako Imre

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Actually, that's not possible right now, but it's a good idea and totally doable, so perhaps we can do it in a update (if enough support is drummed up).  We could either be negative DMOD and SMOD values or add inverse envelope/ADSR shapes.  What would be more useful?

Bakoimi
      Participant

Thanks!

I wait for next FW update…:-)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.