Can Stereo Outputs on Mod, Time & Pitch be plugged in, but not engaged?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can Stereo Outputs on Mod, Time & Pitch be plugged in, but not engaged?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mpovoden

Question:

I'm putting together a pedalboard that's been an interesting project to say the least.  I have 1 stereo amp, 1 mono amp, I won't be using them together.  However, I'd like to know, the 3 Eventides I have will all be in the last 2/3rd's of the signal chain, along with some other stereo stomps.  Since I'm building the board and custom wiring it, can the Eventide's have both sockets loaded with jacks in/out (stereo) throughout the signal chain, but be smart enough to know when a) it's only terminating at the end of the signal chain through a mono out, and b) when it's got both outs going into a stereo parallel loop on the back of the amp?

I'd like the wiring to be in the sockets for when I want stereo, but have the option to use only mono out when I want to.  And when stereo is needed, double out to my parallel loop with my direct dry signal going into the amp from my guitar.  As this is being custom built and custom wired, I can't afford to wire the buggers up and set them in place only to find they don't work.

Thanks for this.  The boiled down question is, can I wire the Eventides to have them wired for stereo, but choose whether they're stereo or mono at the end of the signal chain without having to yank connections out of them??

Thanks,

Mo

achaput

Hi Mo,

The answer is no. Physically plugging either one or two output jacks determines whether the Factor Pedals will output mono or stereo. Perhaps you could have the stereo jacks ready, and plug them in only when you want stereo operation…

Alan

mpovoden

Thank you Alan,

Mo

mpovoden

Thinking about this some more, what happens when they're all wired for stereo (2 leads/2 outputs) but only 1 lead ends up going to the amp (in the case of a mono amp)?  I understand that the panning and effect itself won't be stereo, but would it still effect the signal enough to run in a mono parallel loop??  Or would the pedal simply not operate whatsoever?

Thanks,
      Mo 

hughmcm
      Participant

Hi,

I've done this by using a Lehle Parallel and and Little Lehle. It works and is quiet, plus you can mix the amount of Eventide and non-Eventide signal (as I run a dry signal to my backline all the time, and switch the Eventide wet signal into the PA for a huge chorus, leads, fx etc).  But I can also have a mix of Eventide and non-Eventide signal going to my backline as well. The Parallel allows you to mix it on the fly – or even switch out the Eventides (if something inexplicable like an endless delay occurs accidentally). If the PA option is selected, the backline feed swwitches over to non-Eventide. This preserves the balls of the sound, which gong stereo can remove – as I'm sure you know.

It's a 'tri-phonic' system.  Hope this helps

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.