Can the Eventide stompboxes be used as plugins?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can the Eventide stompboxes be used as plugins?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      len
      Participant

Subject says it all.  I have what I think is a stripped down version of Sonar that came with my Cakewalk V-Studio 100.  Can you connect the stompboxes through USB and use them as plugins for that?  Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

No, you can't. Sorry. It's not what they do.

If your software allows, you could control them via MIDI over the USB.

len
      Participant

Thanks!  I suppose I could connect them to the control surface and use MIDI to work them.  Probably too complicated for me but worth knowing.

Styrioci

there is no problem using factor pedals as midi controllers, I've set up Timefactor as controller for Blackhole plugin and it worked great. If you want to use Eventide effects you can use your pedals as outboard FX processors and just run your signal through them.

NikosGuitar

i have a question here…

can you use the stompboxes for controlling the Eclipse and the H3500 via Midi with the stompboxe's knobs and at the same time to run this stompbox,without the "controlling" knobs affecting the preset?

Thanks

Styrioci

there is catch up feature which will lock preset values until you don't move knob to it's preset value, but in this case presets should be completely locked from being affected by turning knobs. it might be easy to add this feature to system menu, you still should be  able to control preset values via expression pedal, hot switch button, tap tempo..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.