Can the PF midimap a preset and be programmed to TOG/BYP/ACT the same preset???

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can the PF midimap a preset and be programmed to TOG/BYP/ACT the same preset???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      blowback

Asking because my PF(right before it died) couldn't do it even though the manual says it can.

Some clarification please!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Some possible confusion here:

1) Using a MIDImap, the PF can load a preset in response to a MIDI Program Change message.

2) A number of dummy programs can also be put into a MIDImap, allowing the bypass state to be changed by a MIDI program change message. These allow you to put the unit into bypass (BYP), to put it into an active (non-bypassed) state ( ACT), and to toggle the bypass state (TOG).

I don't understand what you mean by "TOG/BYP/ACT the same preset".  The bypass state is a feature of the whole machine, not just a single preset. I would speculate that this distinction is what is causing you trouble.

blowback

No,what I'm asking is can the PF midimap a preset and then can the same preset be set to either Bypass,Active or Toggle ???

The manual says it can I believe but in my experience it can only do either or.

I have not been able to midimap a preset and then be able to set the Act/Byp/Tog selection.

The PF seems to be able to only access the Byp/Act/Tog function if you DON'T midimap the preset. If you follow the manuals instructions you can't access the B/A/T function once you midmap a preset you can only change the midimapping

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The entire unit is set to BYP/ACT/TOG, not the preset. They are separate things.

blowback

Ok,I understand that  and thanks but can the unit do what I asked

Can it be programmed to set a midimapped preset(IE when you map a PF preset to a midi program change) and can the PF then be set to be Bypassed/Active/Toggle the PF itself.

What I'm after is can I set the PF to load a midi-mapped preset and have the midimapped preset bypassable by stepping on the same footswitch on my pedalboard

The manual seems to say that you can load a midmapped preset w/ the ability to either have it switchable via BYP/ACT or Toggle BUT i can't get the PF to even allow this option during midimapping it can ONLY allow access to the BYP/ACT/TOG function if I don't Midimap

Which is it?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think I'm getting there … It probably does not do what you want. The presets always load in an active state. You can then send PCs to give you BYP/ACT/TOG. These are here because a number of pedalboards only send MIDI Program Change, and do not send MIDI CC, which one would normally use to change these things.

What you want is that the first time a PC for a given number is sent it loads the program, and thereafter toggles between BYP and ACT. It does not do this. Sorry.

It might be fairly confusing if it did – many users would never be sure if it should load the preset, reload it, bypass it, or what.

MIDImap is not the issue here – these are just use to translate between PC numbers and the 'Factor's preset numbers, and the odd extra function like BYP/ACT/TOG.

blowback

Ok,thanks for the answer and I'll have fun when I get my PF back from repair!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.