Can the TIMEFACTOR get a Holdsworth kind of delay ????

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Can the TIMEFACTOR get a Holdsworth kind of delay ????

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      blowback

Reason is that I've seen the discontinued Yamaha UD pedal as well as the Magicstomp but would prefer an Eventide for all-around flexibility.Is the Timefactor capable of producing that Holdworth mega delay.I know the UD/Magicstomp have 8 delays at once so I'm just curious if anyones been able to come close to Holdy's tone w/ a TF.

EdDrake
      Participant

Are you asking about the Holdsworth's chorus setting or the reverbish delay setting he uses for his lead sound? There is a multitap type of delay on the factor so you might be able to get close on the reverb type sound for lead but probably not so close on the chorus sound. I have several Magicstomps as well as the Time factor and even though the TF has multitap delay which is what the Holdsworth chorus/delay settings are based on there are no modulation parameters on this type of delay on the TF. You can get a nice enough chorus sound on the TF with other types of delay (digital or Modulation) but they are not as rich as the 8 voice chorus sound on the Yamaha stomp pedals, IMHO.

At one point I did request that Eventide add modulation to the Multitap delay type on the TF but nothing ever came of it, at least not yet.

Hope this helps!

blowback

Thanks,that was the info I needed.

Looks like a Magicstomp and a TF are in my near future 😉

Reckedtrek

I have a UD stomp and a TimeFactor. There is a lot of crossover territory between the two, but each one has sounds and features the other doesn't, and the AH chorusy tone is one of those sounds, at least as far as i can hear/tell. The UD is fantastic, but for an overall delay pedal, it was relegated to a back up rig when i got the TF.

blowback

Well after getting a chance to demo a Magicstomp,I'm not really a fan of its interface or flexibility(ideally MIDI would need to be implemented) is there another pedal out there that can get that Holdy Chorusy kinda tone he does for those crazy chords???

Reckedtrek

The Magic stomp is nothing like the UD stomp. While the Magic stomp has some UD stomp presets/simulations, the UD is it's own thing. My point is, don't base what one is like by only using the other as a representation.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.